[XP] Non-combat party members

Started by Ctrl_Alt_Defeat, July 09, 2015, 05:34:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ctrl_Alt_Defeat

July 09, 2015, 05:34:01 pm Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 05:35:48 pm by Ctrl_Alt_Defeat
Hello!

I'm making a simple game to just get me back in the RPG maker feel of things before I start my next game design class for the fall and I was wondering if there was a way to have the leader of the party (party member 1 for example) not be able to enter combat?

For example he'll walk around, talk to people, and interact with the world but when combat rolls up, only the other party members will be entering the fight (Minions, if you will)

In my game example, I'll be making a tactical version of Custom Robo, using GubiD's Tactical Battle System and I'll be having 3 main characters stay together through the game (Party members 1,3, and 5). When they enter a battle, party members 2,4, and 6 will enter representing their respective main characters.

I know there's a way to work around this with a lot of eventing but I figured it'd be easier to have a script about for this kind of game. I also plan on doing this with a Blizz-abs pokemon game BUT that's for a later time so I figured if I can find a script for this now it'll help later down the road.

Thank you so much!
"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."

KK20

Since I'm not too familiar with the exact process of GubiD's TBS, I would think it would be as simple as doing

$game_party.actors.shift
$game_player.refresh

right before entering the battle and

$game_party.actors.unshift($game_actors[1]) # Assuming the first actor in the database is the player
$game_player.refresh

just before exiting the battle.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Ctrl_Alt_Defeat

Quote from: KK20 on July 09, 2015, 06:13:00 pm
Since I'm not too familiar with the exact process of GubiD's TBS, I would think it would be as simple as doing

$game_party.actors.shift
$game_player.refresh

right before entering the battle and

$game_party.actors.unshift($game_actors[1]) # Assuming the first actor in the database is the player
$game_player.refresh

just before exiting the battle.

I'll give this a shot as soon as I get home and get this tested! Thank you~
"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."