Digitals Event Shop! [XP, VX Coming Soon]

Started by PhoenixFire, February 12, 2014, 03:20:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PhoenixFire

Okay, so I seem to have run across more requests for scripts lately that could be done with an event system. Now I'm not going to say that I can do EVERYTHING, because that would be ridiculous, but since there's so many talented scripters on here, and even some of them are responding to requests with "that can be done with events", I decided to finally post up this topic. I consider both scripts and event systems to be equal in terms of usefulness, and this shop is not meant to compete with the scripters out there at all, however, as I've stated in many other places, there's one thing to keep in mind with events and scripts. Event systems generally are easy to figure out what they're doing, what they affect, and usually very easy to change around a bit. Scripts require a bit of knowledge to use and modify them, and if you are not a scripter, and do not plan to learn, I HIGHLY suggest looking into an event system instead. Otherwise, you may have an even lower chance of successfully changing things for your own game, and will have to rely on scripters for mods. Sometimes the original creator of the script is no longer available, and, I have seen some of those types of scripts abandoned completely by other scripters too, as it is either too hard to modify, too old to support, or would take too long to re-make it all.

So, what's my shop exactly? Well, as you can figure out, I do eventing "stuff". Usually I do this for free, but if you have a large project that's going to take many, many, many hours, I usually charge a small fee for it (note, if I talk to you on here on a normal-ish basis, the preceding does not apply to you at all).It usually boils down to; if it takes me more than two hours, I charge $10/hour, and I round off hours... So if it takes three hours and 29 minutes, you get charged for three hours only =p It may seem odd that I ask for money, but, well, I'm poor and need money, and I have skills that I can use, but the only people that will make use of me doing this for them will be other people that use RMXP (and soon enough, I'll work with VX and VXA possibly). So how does it work? Well, I will need to know exactly what you want done, with as many details as you can provide. Usually I will need a copy of your current game build as well, since that is what I will be working in. Once I have a copy of the game working on my device, I can go ahead and put in the system, make sure it works as it is supposed to, and then send back the new game file.

Questions, comments, ridicule, etc can all be directed to me either here, pm, e-mail, Skype, etc. and I will respond when I can.

P.S. If someone can sticky this, and make sure it's in the right area, that would be appreciated...   :D
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

WhiteRose

This looks great! I'll be sure to point some people to your thread if I see any requests that fit the bill. :)

PhoenixFire

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

NamMTrip

G_G

While I agree it's a good idea, I think making the topic a sticky is a bit premature until you've had a bit more organization, requests, and fulfillment. Best of luck, however.

PhoenixFire

Guys, you know this is from, like, over a year ago, right? haha

G_G

*facepalms* Hahahaha. I guess I'm not quite used to 2015 yet. I think this is the 2nd time this guy necroposted.

Topic locked. :3