Problem with Multiplatform RMX-OS System

Started by Tukimice, August 16, 2015, 07:01:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tukimice

Hello O/ Well I will try to be quick.

These days i've been inspired to create a Pokemon Online to play with some friends and i decided to search for pokemon essentials online kits and i found Multiplatform RMX-OS System.

I downloaded it and i found it was way more different to use then the usual Netplay Servers to RPG Maker. Luckly (?) i found the Tutorials area on the website (http://pokemmokit.altervista.org/blog/) and i followed everything like how it was said there. I created the databases and everything. I edited the server and i placed all the informations like how it was shown and it actually managed to start the server. (it shows a message saying the server was succesfully started at [my lan ip]:[standard port]) but when i tried to open the game and enter the server it said it was online. I changed the script "(RMX-OS) Options" IP to my global ip and eveything and nothing happened. I tried to change that ip for the lan one and eveything but it was always offline.

I came here for help since i sawed this forum on the support section of the information script (the MRMX -Credits/License- one).
I'm currently using the 3.2.2 version (the most updated version of the website.) and Rpg Maker Xp (of course since it is a rpg maker xp kit).

Any other information feel free to ask i will try to provide the maximum of information as i can and prints too if you need.

Thank you for your time.

KK20

Here's the topic of the kit itself: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,13542.0.html
Check that out first and see if there's anything mentioned there that might help.

Did you allow port-forwarding on the port you're using?
You tried localhost and still couldn't connect?

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Tukimice

Well i did the port forwarding with both ports (the one with 5 digits and the one with 4) but i didn't tried the localhost because that will not allow my friends to log in

KK20

I only asked if you tried localhost to see if a connection can even be established with your computer. I mean, if you can't get localhost to work, obviously you're not going to be able to get your public IP to work. You made no mention of this in your first post so I had to ask.

Other Projects

Tukimice

i tried but the exact same thing happened :C

Spoiler: ShowHide

Blizzard

Check if your firewall is preventing access. It might be causing trouble even from localhost.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Tukimice

I'm sorry for my ignorance but how exactly do i do that? :T

KK20

Other Projects

Tukimice

Sorry for the delayed answer but i was going to change my internet service so i decided to wait untill that so i could see if that was the problem  :facepalm:

MySQL has all the access(both home and public) and it still "shows" the same error (still offline)

KK20

SQL has nothing to do with it. You already showed in a screenshot that the server is running, meaning it connected to the SQL database.

It's the server itself that needs to bypass the firewall. That's the application that is sending and receiving messages over the internet. While the server is listening for a connection, the firewall is still preventing any messages sent (like checking if the server is online) from your computer or others to be received by the server.

Other Projects

Tukimice

KK20

Have you ever tried disabling your firewall completely just to see if that really is the cause?

Other Projects

Tukimice

Sorry for the late responce but i haven't noticed there was an answer (i pressed "Show new replies to your posts." and there was nothing) :S but yes i tried that too and nothing

KK20

For the sake of the script, can you re-upload the files? The download links are missing.

Other Projects

Tukimice

There's the link. Sorry for the delay. I've been trying to make some connection tests and making the maps in a offline version of Pokemon Essentials.

https://mega.nz/#!b5wwlTQT

KK20

Other Projects

Tukimice

Quote from: KK20 on January 10, 2016, 03:00:48 pm

Not sure if this is it :s

!XxbzVFPaER7nba3OkvFHKO72qnJEXDhhIzAW_XjL8Yc

Try it :s

KK20

Yeah that worked. I'll update the script thread when I get the chance.
Thanks!

Other Projects