Is my monitor on its last leg?

Started by KK20, September 01, 2015, 04:36:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KK20

I've looked up some number of posts regarding anything about a ViewSonic VX2250wm-LED (or any monitors in general) that constantly lose the input signal but regain it 4-5 seconds later. I took a look at the online manual (the monitor came with my computer) and there's nothing that mentions a couple of the issues I have now and had in the past. Also note that this problem happens randomly with various frequencies; sometimes it happens once and is good the rest of the day, other times it happens in rapid succession and makes the monitor useless.

A lot of people point to the fact that it might be the graphics card. I'm using two monitors for my setup, both of which are connected to the graphics card. One port has only a DVI output while the second has a DVI and VGA. Both monitors are using DVI (the other monitor uses a DVI-to-HDMI cable). These are things I've done that repeated the same problem:

• Swapped the DVI output ports each monitor used

• Got a different DVI cable from my family's computer

• Tried using VGA instead

So my obvious conclusion is that it's not the graphics card (which I figured since this problem only affects one of the monitors). Don't think I have a warranty since I didn't buy it (remember that my computer was sold to me from a family friend who was giving away his old parts). Any other advice you might have for me would be appreciated before I consider buying a new monitor and/or breaking inside it to see what could be wrong.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Blizzard

One of my laptop's display started acting funny and a few days later the thing died. The GPU was fine since it would still be able to start up. IDK what could be wrong with yours, but yeah, it seems that the monitor is dying, not the GPU.

If you decide to buy a new one, I can suggest Dell monitors. Everybody uses them. We have a few at the office and they're really good.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

Your monitor is definitely on it's last leg, sounds like a clock issue. your going to want to buy a new one very soon.
personally I'm not a fan of Dell but I can attest that their monitors do last a good while. You might also consider Asus monitors (my personal favorite), or Acer monitors (my second montor is Acer), just keep away form the ultra HD fad. the industry hasn't decided what do with itself yet and they are way over priced. if you spending that much money you might get a 1080P monitor with a good contrast ratio and display angle.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />