Solarus, Engine for A-RPG

Started by MetalZelda, November 06, 2015, 09:51:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalZelda

November 06, 2015, 09:51:51 am Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 09:53:44 am by MetalZelda
This is bad that no one has post something about it, yet I know that this engine is not this well known here but here ya go.

Solarus, yeah, sounds strange for a engine. But what is it ?

Solarus has started being developped in 2006 by Christopho for Zelda : Mystery of Solarus DX (ultra close to ALTTP gameplay), it is written in C++ and can run LUA code for user-quests. At first the engine was pretty hard to master and a little bit limited, but today, the engine feature a well crafted map editor / script editor, a online documentation and a growing community.

Plus, the engine's code (c++) is totally open source, so it mean that you can hard code stuffs in c++ and recompile, it was ported to Android, GCW Zero. Compile tutorial is also on their page.

The thing is, if you're a good programmer, you can make a lot of extraordinary things in LUA (or C++), not only A-RPG, but all kinds of things.

If you are interested, you can check here.
http://www.solarus-games.org/

And hope that people will, maybe do some games with this engine  :naughty:

Soulshaker3

I heard of it somewhere, but that name isn't appealing :V: I might check it out later, see what it offers
Hellow?

MetalZelda

Quote from: Soulshaker3 on November 06, 2015, 03:36:12 pm
I heard of it somewhere, but that name isn't appealing :V: I might check it out later, see what it offers

This is basically RPG Maker, without limitations and with pre-defined items.