Another RPG fan joins!

Started by opkij, September 19, 2015, 07:54:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

opkij

Hello!

A simple fan and collector of RPGs here, I have been in love with old RPGs for years and these days I mainly show my love
by collecting them (I have almost every SFC RPG) but of course I play as much as possible too.

I have been working on a secret project in RPGmaker 2003 since... 2006 (!), a project that of course is far too big, have a lot of stolen resources and well, nothing the world will
ever get to see sadly... But besides that I recently bought RPGmaker XP in hopes of making a small project with 100% legal resources made by myself. It has been really fun so far but
sadly I hit a dead end when the game started to slow down/lag a lot... after some experimenting I realised it was because of the number of sprites on the map and I finally ended
up here and found a script that seems to work fine!

So, I instantly decided to join and see what all of you are working on!

Thanks!

ForeverZer0

:welcome:

Check out the script database, I am sure you can find lots of useful scripts for your project.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

winkio

Welcome!  Most people here are XP veterans, so if you ever run into another big problem, someone should be able to help.

Ryex

September 20, 2015, 01:42:17 am #3 Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 01:44:29 am by Ryex
Welcome to Chaos!... hmm the canned greeting is starting to feel  old hat...

Anyway, Welcome to Chaos Project, if you need help with something make a post about it and I'm sure someone around here will have answers for you.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

opkij

Thank you for the welcome everyone!

I have taken a quick look at the script database and it seems like there is some intresting ones, the ones about changing resolution
and tile size especially.

Again I am very glad to have found the solution to my problems and it's great to finally be able to keep working on the project!

KK20

sup bro

Glad to have another user fill in the ranks (and seeing the script database still doing work!). I'm still a pretty active scripter in RMXP so I'll most likely be the one answering those questions for you. Looking forward to that future project thread :)

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Spoofus

Welcome to the place to be.
I been working with RMXP for a long time now myself, but sadly still a scripting moron.  :^_^':
I just like to tinker with scripts mostly, I am however getting better at doing sprites at least.

Any-who welcome and I hope you do enjoy it here.

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/

opkij

Hi and hello!

I will make sure to put up a thread with info about the project soon, it's not a big one but I hope you will like it anyway!

Scripting moron sounds like a description of me as well, haha.

PhoenixFire

A little late like always, but welcome to the party! I'm sure you've had some time to look around and get familiar with the forums :) If you have any questions, there's plenty of people here who can help.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?