Am I pushing myself too much?

Started by radha2g, August 08, 2008, 04:26:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

radha2g

Its just that lately Im going to bed at 4 am or 6 am and sometimes getting up like 4 hours after that... im feeling nauseous and this isnt the first time.

Kids, dont try this at home without an adult supervising... but be careful if you are both alone...

On other news: my mouse has failed me... apparently the heat from the laptop has damage it since the cable was to close to it, damn it

well, ill be going to bed before something nasty happens.. maybe its the curse the cookie fortune put on me.
...nah, i have never believed what talking cookies say anyway

Blizzard

August 08, 2008, 05:48:40 am #1 Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 05:50:43 am by Blizzard
I remember my first college year... My sleeping average was 5 hours, lol! Now I prefer to sleep around 8 hours every night, minimally 6. Even though I sometimes stay up to 4 am, I usually sleep until 12 am the next morning because I have no obligations that morning whatsoever. I stay often until late this summer since I usually have no obligations in the morning. xD

I also have a heat problem with my laptop. It have an Intel Core Duo CPU at 1.73GHz and it often happened that it turned itself off because the temperature went over critical 9x °C. I use RMCLock now and keep the CPU on 1.2GHz usually. The temperature now rarely goes over 80°C.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

My sleep cycle is erratic. I change it about 4 times a week. Sometimes, I get barely 4 hours of sleep, sometimes I sleep like a troll. When the next day is a holiday, I tend to stay awake, and in most cases up to 6-7 AM, sleep, and wake up at around 7 or 8 in the night. I feel disgusting when that happens, but it does. My longest sleep session record is 18 hours, in the holidays.

My laptop was fine when it had Vista and all the drivers installed. but when I installed XP, it started turning off by itself due to overheating. I downloaded and installed some processor drivers from AMD's site and it's helping a lot. My 1.7 GHz Dual Core processor now stays at 800MHz and only raises when needed. I haven't yet experienced any problems. When running intensive processes though, the temperature goes to about 90°C.

@Blizz: I considered getting RM Clock, but since the new drivers fixed the problem, I didn't bother. But I have it running now because I couldn't find a better battery indicator. The default XP one sucks.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Blizzard

You're lucky, I couldn't find any better drivers. (._.)

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

I traced the drivers from the Compaq site, where it listed all the drivers needed for my laptop. Official sites are helpful sometimes.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Blizzard

I know, but the official site of my laptop brand sucks.

Fantasist

Which is? I'll see if I can dig something up.

Blizzard

Don't bother. I have a "forcebook" laptop.

Fantasist

forcebook? Never heard of it, but my knowledge isn't too expansive.

radha2g

August 08, 2008, 01:11:23 pm #9 Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 01:13:28 pm by radha2g
18 hours, huh
Sounds like me a year ago. I used to work as a customer service agent overnight (12am-8am).
In those time I usually went to bed at 9am and, in the last days before quiting, i used to wake up an hour before the pick up transport arrived, thanks to the last minute alarm.
That was the complaint of everyone: "All I do is go to bed and go to work!"
However it was a pretty easy job. Not using a phone, just emails.

Forcebook? Thats a wierd name... Sounds like what Microsoft is doing with Vista...

PS: So the topic was moved.... Pretty good reason though

Blizzard

Yeah, it's a general topic after all, nothing for spam-hungry Ulta. D:

radha2g

Quote from: Blizzard on August 08, 2008, 01:25:47 pm
Yeah, it's a general topic after all, nothing for spam-hungry Ulta. D:

xD I noticed that, on the spam section. Shame that i arrived late for the War. The one with the food magician and disco dancing.

Last night i was hungry.... I still remember when I was a kid my mother used to say: "If you don't eat breakfast you will feel sick at school"
The last thing I ate was some chocolates at 11pm... It was more than 6 hours of overnight hunger, maybe that was the problem  :^_^':
or perhaps watching that sick old lady from nip tuck kill that man made me feel sick... never liked nip tuck, but i can definitely say that it has become just another extremist novel (by novel, i mean the latin ones if any of you know how they are... but not about love, this one is about very sick characters and situations, mainly)

And my mouse is working again, yay! :D
I dont have to buy another one (yep, I'm cheap sometimes :evil:)