Pet Bots Beta Testing

Started by Blizzard, October 11, 2015, 01:34:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

October 11, 2015, 01:34:24 pm Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 01:39:54 pm by Blizzard

We're working on a new game at Daygames and we're almost done. There are a few final tweaks and fixes left to do so we should have a beta version during next week. Is anybody interested in testing? Currently the beta testing will be on Android only (both tablet and smartphones). If you are interested, send us an email at info@day-games.com with the subject "Pet Bots Beta Testing" from your Google account email. We'll let you know when the beta testing starts.

We don't have a trailer yet, but you can try out the game that inspired Pet Bots in the first place. http://day-games.com/games/floaty-hamster/
What's the difference between Floaty Hamster and Pet Bots? EVERYTHING! The only thing that is still there are the physics, the water and the obstacles. Floaty Hamster is more of a prototype for Pet Bots since Pet Bots has collectible currency, a shop, challenges, many characters, jet flames with different bonuses and much more!

What do you get out of this?

• During the entire beta testing, you will be able to purchase in-game currency without paying real money. (You can also purchase the In-App Purchase to remove the ads without paying real money.)

• Your name will be added into the credits of the game.

• You get to play this awesome / fun / crazy / addictive game before everybody else.

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

October 12, 2015, 12:47:44 am #1 Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 12:49:00 am by gameus
Sent an e-mail. I have a phone and tablet I can test it on. Phone has 5.0.1 and tablet has 4.4.4 if it matters. Also, has the swipe physics been improved/altered at all by chance? Was my number one vice with Floaty Hamster where a small tiny flick would launch the hamster or an actual big flick would feel like I poked him.

Blizzard

Yes, we fine-tuned the controls as much as it was physically possible and removed some of the physics problems. The game definitely runs smoother than Floaty Hamster. But it's not perfect. And I don't think it can be done better. The main problem is that all Android devices have a relatively high input latency. :/ As much as I don't like Apple, they latency is much lower than Android's and that's a fact.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

Ah, oh well. Can't wait to try it out. >:3

G_G

Loving it so far. Played it without any upgrades/powerups for like 15 minutes. Love how you can move in air now, that definitely makes it less irritating.

Blizzard

Glad you like it. We realized that Floaty Hamster was fun, but limited. It wasn't easy to learn, hard to master, it was just hard to master.

Soulshaker3

Hellow?

Zexion

Ey i just realized that i never posted on here, but you can count me in if you still need someone. I use kindle fire hd so it's definately something different to test it on :P

Blizzard

Sure, just send us your email. Android testing has already begun.

@SS3: We still have 2 bugs (FB login crashes for some reason, it used to work and game audio still plays while video is visible), but we're going to start beta testing without these two fixed (for now). Not sure when it will be available. We will try to submit it for Apple's beta review today/tomorrow, but I don't know how long this takes since it's a new thing by Apple and we haven't tried it yet.

Blizzard

*bump*

I'll still need your Apple ID emails if you want to test iOS.
The audio bug remains, but FB was fixed. I think that the audio bug is not fixable without huge workarounds so we'll likely leave it as it's not that important.

We probably won't be testing for much longer since it appears that there are no bugs whatsoever.

Zexion

Well that is unfortunate because this post just reminded me that I hadn't sent the email yet lol, so I sent it instinctively and now my services are not needed ;-; i cri naow

Blizzard

Oh you.
Sent you the instructions. You should be able to download right away.

Blizzard

How's the testing coming along?

Soulshaker3

I still have no instructions ._.
Hellow?

Blizzard

Didn't I send you any? I mean it's basically "play the game" and "you have free IAPs on Android".

Soulshaker3

No I didn't receieved any, How do I donwload it?
Hellow?

Blizzard

You should have received an email by Apple with instructions to install Test Flight.

Soulshaker3

So I've been playing and updated yesterday. Now the game just crashes when I launch it.

Running iOS 9.1, iPhone 4S
Hellow?

Blizzard

That's odd, nobody else reported that problem. And I didn't change anything since the last build a week ago.

G_G

I haven't had any issues with it. Sorry, I've honestly haven't touched the app in awhile. Between working and playing around with MV my attentions been taken. I'll try to play it again soon.

Blizzard

Just remember to download the newest version first. You can do that either through the URL I gave you or in the list of your currently installed apps on Play Store. We switched to OpenGLES 2.0 in the meantime.

G_G

Been playing it some more. Really enjoying it, ran into a few issues. I dunno if it's because the beta test is over but I'm getting ads every 3 tries still and the game won't let me re-purchase the "No-ads".

On the results screen, I had accidentally clicked the "ad" button sitting there, it showed a video, I clicked stop and after that, none of the text was drawing properly.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Spoiler: ShowHide

Other than that, enjoying the new twists like some of the pickups, turning your screen really threw me off. xD

Blizzard

November 09, 2015, 04:34:25 pm #22 Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 04:37:39 pm by Blizzard
Yeah, we concluded the testing on Saturday and you have to pay actual money to get rid of the ads now. xD

This thing with the black boxes is a known bug, but I fixed it on Friday in the afternoon. Make sure to update the game.

I'm glad you enjoy the "negative power-ups". xD Yeah, we've been trying to come up with more of them, but have only 8 so far (5 positive, 3 negative). It's difficult since the gameplay is relatively simple so there's not much craziness you can add.

Also, we officially released the game today. I'll make an official post here soon. We're currently getting things running in terms of marketing.