[MV] Status Screen Revamp, part 2.

Started by Jragyn, November 03, 2015, 02:38:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jragyn

In short, I'm trying to do this:
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,15144.0.html

But in the new RPG Maker MV.
For those too lazy to click and read, I'm attempting to remodel the status screen to include more information, specifically the values of s/x params, and also a brief description of what they do for the player.

I've broken it down enough so I understand the functionality of it in Ruby, but MV uses JavaScript, and of course also remodeled all of its core scripts so it is like starting all over. As a result, I have run into a few problems that I really just don't fully understand, because the same course of action done in RMVXace resulted in something else.

Here is a link to the *.js file I'm working on (ever changing since I'm tinkering and toying with it constantly).
Here is a link to the original end result of the script for RMVXace.

The biggest issue I've run into:
> windows don't seem to stack ontop of eachother, instead they erase whatever was beneath. As a result, changing opacity just makes it so you see the map instead of the lower layer of status screen.

To re-iterate, this is no longer in Ruby, which after staring at it and slowly learning for the last 6+ years, looking at Javascript seems so foreign.
(It probably doesn't help that in September I returned to school to pursue an AA >> BAS in computer stuff, resulting in learning html/css/javascript/c# all at the same time now)

Anyone able to help? This isn't a pressing matter by any means, it is more for my own learning than for some super awesome project or anything. Eventually, this same knowledge will be applied to the entire Menu, but first, babysteps.
A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?