Check if ME stops playing

Started by MarkHest, November 21, 2015, 05:56:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkHest

November 21, 2015, 05:56:05 am Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 05:57:29 am by MarkHest
Heya! I'm further looking for script to further make The Missing Part better and better. Working on it as we speak!(Erm.. as I'm writing this, anyway!)
I'm wondering if it's possible to make a check of some sort to see if an ME or SE has stopped playing. Some of my music has intro parts that I'm using as SE/ME sounds. I'm currently adding a 'wait' command to line up these intros with the song itself but it's often very off-beat because of the different speeds that the game can run at.

So is there an easy way to somehow add a script with a call that says: "Play this ME, then play this GBM or BGS instantly afterwards" ?
I'm curious to see the results! If there is no easy way I'm just gona go ahead and use the 'wait' command as I always have and try my best to put it in a place where it can't lag off beat. This would just make the game a appear little bit more proffesional. Thanks for your time :)

G_G

I think the wait command is your best bet without an additional audio library since XP's core audio library doesn't provide any functions like that. You could look into this and see if it provides any script calls that would help you out.

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,11778.0.html

MarkHest

Ah yes, I was thinking of using that one time but then I found out it changed some things with the audio I didn't like and found minior bugs. I guess I'll keep using wait commands. Thanks for the help anyway :)

KK20

Don't forget that the player can change focus and freeze the game, which can make everything go off-sync in the end, especially if using the "wait" alternative. I used FMod and never had any problems with it, though I probably made edits to it. I was able to make it loop MP3's which means it has to keep track of the song's current position obviously.

You should also consider using a script that does not disable the game's focus, like http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,14347.0.html

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!