Forum Error?

Started by ForeverZer0, November 26, 2015, 02:30:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

December 10, 2015, 12:13:07 pm #20 Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 12:15:09 pm by gameus
Shouldn't you still be able to view the shoutbox even when not logged in?

EDIT: My only complaints about the shoutbox.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Also, I hope you convert the other themes at SOME point (not immediately, unless you want to of course) because I haven't looked at a light theme in ages.

Blizzard

Lol, I agree with the insta-ban thing.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

December 10, 2015, 05:08:31 pm #22 Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 05:32:31 pm by Ryex
Ok, I've cleaned up the shout box area.
as for the del and ban links available for mods and admins those can be hidden, they could before with the [hide admin links] at the top of the shout box
now that link looks like a little gear. it saves the setting across sessions so you can keep them hidden until you need them

The ban link might be deceptive but it only effects the shoutbox and is managed separately from smf's bans

you might want to type /help into the shoutbox and hit enter to look at the commands you can use.

EDIT: remember to use shift F5 to get the latest changes to things like style sheets and JS
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

winkio

I hate to be that guy that complains about small details, but I'm really not a fan of the colored backgrounds on pretty much everything.  It's okay for the board and topic links, but not so much for the posts, profiles, etc.  Also, I don't like how the posts page keeps the extra space on the sides of the page, I prefer it use as much screen space as possible like it does now.

Ryex

The width thing is actually a setting in the admin panel and it defaults to 90%, I bumped it to 95 so you can see how that looks.
I toned down the bgcolors so they don't pop as hard moving them closer to gray, let me know if these things help, dont for get to shift f5 for a clean cache
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

KK20

I like how the default login time option is "Forever". We advocate that everyone should be more like Aqua.

Also, I now have 15000 posts. I too can be over 9000. :D

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Ryex

wait what... how..? does SMF 2 have a security hole or something?

G_G

Whatever you did to the shoutbox now makes it expand with every new message.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Blizzard

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

... you guys really like to knit pick... fine I'll apply a fixed height and make it have a scrollbar.

Blizzard

Don't worry, there's time to fix everything. The important thing is that most things work properly. We'll take it from there.

Ryex

well I made the shoutbox a fixed height.

I have everything set up for you to do an upgrade anytime, all files and instructions in a git repo. exactly the same steps I used to get the test site running. you just need to find the time and let me know when you want it. I'd estimate about 3-4 hours.

Blizzard

Get everything ready. I'll likely do it this weekend.