[XP] Berans' iPod script v1.15-final

Started by Berans, August 08, 2008, 01:06:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Berans

hmmm....few things. Firstly, if you want an Author to show up as unkown you don't have to enter "Unkown" you just don't put that song number in there at all. as for the genre, I take it you just want that to show up empty? You could even find the lines that say

if $game_system.playback_list[@playback_bgm] != nil
  text3 = "Genre: " + $game_system.playback_list[@playback_bgm][2]
else
  text3 = "Genre: Unkown"
end

and

self.contents.draw_text(0,72,self.contents.width,32,text3,1)

and take them out IF you do not want the word "Genre" to display at all.
thirdly, what version of my script are you using? Strangely enough I can't actually seem to find the line you posted in my script o.O leading me to believe the script is probably an old version, perhaps from the demo?

Anyway, you might want to just make a back-up, and try using script v1.15 instead (which is in the spoiler tags in my first post). You won't need to set up the actual song-names for any custom songs you have, just the songs from the RTP if you wish to use them. The author and genre's still need to be set up in the old way though, keeping in mind that the order of songs is -> your custom songs (arranged alphabetically) followed by the RTP songs you've specified (arranged in the order you specified)
Hope it helps.

Hellfire Dragon

I was using the version in the demo yeah. Well I'm using theV1.15 now and it works fine. Also thanks for letting me know how to take the genre out :)

Berans

No problems, feel free to ask for any customizations and I'll see what I can do. I'm not always good on time (which is why I've made little progress on the album cover thing) but I'm usually more than willing to listen and put in on my to-do list

Hellfire Dragon

I'm having another little problem. I don't have unlockables enabled. When I open the 'ipod' the rtp songs are there, so I deleted them from the script, and now there's just blank spaces there and my songs don't show up until number 10 or so :???:

Berans

August 21, 2008, 07:14:30 pm #24 Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 07:17:30 pm by Berans
Hmm...this is strange, I'll try to simulate the bug you're getting to see if I can come up with a solution
EDIT: I THINK I may know what your problem is
Does your PLAYBACK1 array look like this?

PLAYBACK1 = ["","","",""] etc...

because if you want to really remove the songs, don't put in anything, just leave the quotes out completely and only leave in commas if you have more than 1 song you need to separate.
Basiclly, with no RTP songs, it should look like

PLAYBACK1 = []

Hellfire Dragon

Ah that's it! :^_^': Thanks, now I can finally get to using this script properly lol :D

Hellfire Dragon

September 28, 2008, 05:52:10 am #26 Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 05:53:11 am by Hellfire Dragon
Is there a way I set this up so, say I put a folder in the BGM or Audio so it would be Audio/BGM/Ipod or Audio/Ipod, so only the songs in there would be played through the Ipod? I'm not using unlockables or anything either.

I tried just changing line 181 to
  PLAYBACK2 = Dir.entries("Audio/Ipod")

But I just get an errorr saying it couldn't find the song in Audio/BGM

Reno-s--Joker

:haha: Nice work Berans - I think I'll be using this in my game. <3 I like the unlockable song option and the iPod graphic... :xD:
I'll make sure I credit you! :P

rgangsta

April 13, 2009, 01:02:40 pm #28 Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 01:07:22 pm by rgangsta
Nice script. I just have one problem. I want to change the directory of only where the iPod songs come from i.e "Audio\MP3". How can I do that? I've tried changing line 492:
bgm = RPG::AudioFile.new($game_system.playback_list[
                                     $game_system.playback_bgm][0],
                                     100, 100)

an canged it to
bgm = "Audio\MP3"($game_system.playback_list[
                                     100, 100)

(notice I do not know what I am doing.)
Can you help me please?  :'(

.:EDIT:. I figure it out. Because I picked to change the BGM, the songs also have to be in the BGM folder too.

Reno-s--Joker

Quote from: rgangsta on April 13, 2009, 01:02:40 pm
.:EDIT:. I figure it out. Because I picked to change the BGM, the songs also have to be in the BGM folder too.

You could always just find the line that says:
  PLAYBACK2 = Dir.entries("Audio/BGM")

and change it to something like
  PLAYBACK2 = Dir.entries("Audio/BGM/MP3")
(nothing that MP3 is still inside the BGM folder. Actually you could try putting it outside. Haven't tested it, but it has a fair chance of working. <3

Quote from: rgangsta on April 13, 2009, 01:02:40 pm
bgm = "Audio\MP3"($game_system.playback_list[
                                     100, 100)

Lol awesome. :xD:

fugibo

Something tells me that's not gonna work.

rgangsta

It doesn't. That was the first one I ever tried. Nvm. I got it to work anyway. Thanks for your help. But, if there's another way, please let me know.

rgangsta