new custom Sprite sheet maker

Started by DarkHeart85, December 29, 2015, 04:41:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkHeart85

Disclaimer.) I am not a member of the Devs that built Spriter nor Am I Brash Monkey nor do I claim
to have any connection to the software or to the people who built the software.

If you have trouble building sprites and Game character hub doesn't do it for you.
give spriter a Shot, with the new DLC called Spriter: RPG Hereos Pack you can create
all the sprites and sprite animations your Heart Desires.
below V is the link to the Official video posted by Brash Monkey, have a look. ^^
https://youtu.be/5_GxxnyPFsU
warning: Don't visit my site if H-games or their developers offend you, this game and site is intended for those 18+.
Currently still recruiting for project,
if interested visit my site below.
site:

KK20

Looks pretty cool from a glance. Zexion would probably appreciate this a lot, if he had the money :P

Knowing RPG Maker, pretty sure this is gonna get Humble Bundle'd at some point.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

winkio

It definitely has a number of interesting features.  It seems to be based on skeletal animations rather than classic spriting.  I don't think it would go well with a lot of the RMXP animation sprites for attacks and skills, but it is really cool.  I wonder if they plan to add weapon/skill/item animations and tilesets to the software later, or if they are planning on just sticking to characters.

DarkHeart85

they have other DLCs for animations and such.
$12.99 on steam right now, and i'm happy to contribute ^^.
warning: Don't visit my site if H-games or their developers offend you, this game and site is intended for those 18+.
site:

Blizzard

LMAO! Just yesterday our graphic designer at Daygames and I discussed using Spriter for animations of 2D characters and other stuff. If it can export skeleton data, I will probably write up some C++ code to get it running on April.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

DarkHeart85

that'd be kool, but i think all it does is take the animations you've made using the bones and exports them as sprite sheets all completed, it's an interesting idea though.
site:

Blizzard

There is a program for that called Spine, but the license is way too expensive. And you have to pay for every game that uses Spine animations extra. So I'm hoping for Spriter to be a cheaper alternative, even if it supports less features.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Heretic86

I kind of wish both the Pro pack and the Spine that Blizz mentioned had some sort of trial or demo.  I just downloaded the free version to see how well that works...
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

Zexion

I've tried messing with spriter without tutorials, and it was a nightmare for me D:

winkio

Quote from: Zexion on December 30, 2015, 09:30:40 pm
I've tried messing with spriter without tutorials, and it was a nightmare for me D:

Yeah I was wondering about usability.  The voice over in the video says "easy to use" while some pretty complicated stuff is going on in the background.  I wasn't sure if they were just demoing some of the more advanced capabilities, or if that was supposed to be their definition of 'easy to use'.

Blizzard

Spine does have a trial version. I think it's 30 days or something like that. I know since I installed it at some point.

DarkHeart85

spriter is supposed to be easy, when I opened it i just went to "file" clicked "Import" and i was golden, imported my resources and got to work, of course if you don't know what your doing there are Video tutorials online that go in detail how to do everything if you need it, just search for the channel Brash Monkey and there ya are. ^^ I think Spriter has a free Basic that has no trail date and than the pro version which costs a one time $60.00 fee, you don't have to subscribe to anything or pay monthly payments. ^^
site:

winkio

Quote from: DarkHeart85 on January 01, 2016, 06:48:03 pm
spriter is supposed to be easy, when I opened it i just went to "file" clicked "Import" and i was golden, imported my resources and got to work

Well it's good that it has an easy way to import, but I was wondering more about the animation workflow (0:18 - 0:26) and the image editor (0:34 - 0:38).  Animations look decently complicated, especially for anything past arms + legs.  It was hard to tell from the 5 second glimpse, but it seems like the image editor is relatively simple, like they might expect you to stick with a different program for editing, and then just import them for the animation and extra features.

Also, does it have some improved way of image scaling, or is it just standard linear/quadratic/cubic interpolation and nearest neighbor?  Because if it's standard, scaling is probably never going to produce a very good sprite.

DarkHeart85

Transform, scale, rotation, and more are all included and i think it has a brush system included in one of the DLCs i Just have spriter pro without any DLC but it updates quite frequently, and sorry i miss-understood what you meant, but anyway, there is quite a few things i don't know about spriter yet, but it's still a WIP i think he said, and you can animate, and assemble the sprite parts, if you have a GCH made character than you'd prob have to disect it before importing in order to reanimate puns intended lol.
site:

Kiwa

This looks pretty cool.
I hope its better than game character hub. I got it with a humble bundle luckily. GCH was ok, but in the end I often had to adjust things to make it align and delete lines and add new lines because the stuff didnt line up properly by default.

Then use something like Paint, Gale  or Photoshop to modify them to make them work with BABS or even just to make minor modifications. Maybe I wasnt using it right...idk.
But this bone structure thing looks cool.

DarkHeart85

Quote from: Kiwa on January 02, 2016, 07:18:24 am
This looks pretty cool.
I hope its better than game character hub. I got it with a humble bundle luckily. GCH was ok, but in the end I often had to adjust things to make it align and delete lines and add new lines because the stuff didnt line up properly by default.

Then use something like Paint, Gale  or Photoshop to modify them to make them work with BABS or even just to make minor modifications. Maybe I wasn't using it right...idk.
But this bone structure thing looks cool.

you can use the bones to piece together your character and than manipulate the bones to animate, anyway, GCH was a pain in the ass, and was ultimately unnecessary for anything after xp, but you may also need to do a little bit of editing of the sprites for 8-D, but other than that you should be fine.

for anyone else, you may show some templates if you'd like here of what you've done in animation of the sprites if you've used it, just keep to the sites TOS please.
site: