How to Add attack Animation not weapon animation to the main character or player

Started by GameManiac120, January 05, 2016, 11:50:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GameManiac120

Hey guys me again and i have a problem with animating my character when he wanna attacks someone so i followers the manual but i cant see to figure it out so i wanna ask if you guys wanna help me with. Not a weapon animation but a attack animation

Kiwa

Blizzard's ABS comes with a wonderful piece of software called 'Blizz-ABS Config 2.84.exe'

Drag this into your project file with you GAMENAME.rxproj and Game.exe
run it.
It's important that it's in that folder because it needs the resource files from your index.

go to the tab 'Animation & Sprite Control'

Select the animations and sprite control options you desire.

then make your hero with some swing animations.
- if your hero is alexus..modify him to have swing animations (or download the sprite set from XAS ABS to play with or use Sir Lag a lot from BABS Demo)

the hero needs an underscore tag with each image such as
Alxus_atk.png
Alxus_def.png
Alxus_skl.png
ect...
You can learn what you need from the error messages  "missing Alxus_atk.png" for example.
Then make that sheet.

Blizz ABS is a sweet deal. But it's A LOT to learn and you need a lot of resources that you have to make yourself.
pay attention to the errors. They are your best friend.

Good luck and enjoy Blizz ABS.

GameManiac120

Hey thanks man btw do you wanna be in my new game development team its really awesome you can be great help man we will be making awesome RPG games. if you want more Information go here:

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,15296.0.html

Please i hope you will be joining

Kiwa

Thanks for the offer.
I have a lot going on with my own projects and real life. I don't have time to invest in other peoples projects.

If you don't mind some unsolicited advice.
You may want to show a mission statement, a story, character designs, maps or something. You should want to prove some investment in this.
I don't think you'll find anyone of value by saying "I wanna make a game. I need artists, scripters, and some story writes" kinda sounds like you want a free ride on other peoples efforts.

I'd suggest making a basic story including a protaginist and an antaginist and explain their convictions and some backstory leading to their current actions.
make a sprite sheet of those two and a short demo or a video with some randomly made scenes to draw attention.

I don't mean to come across as course but it's a reality of the 'indie developer' scene. People come in with pure hearted intent and flake often due to loss of motivation. They bite off more than they can chew and make NO progress and become overwhelmed, eventually trickling off and forgetting it ever happened.
Everyone has seen it. Some of us have done it.

A lot of people are more than willing to help mod scripts and tweek your project to make it suitable for a demo.
Good luck finding people and don't give up!