opkij's yet unnamed project

Started by opkij, January 16, 2016, 01:51:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

opkij

I promised to make a thread about this a while ago...

This is just a small project and the only real purpose is for me to actually complete a project, test out RPGmaker XP (my first time using it) and most of all improve
my "pixel skills". I still have a long road ahead but I hope that you like the sprites and tiles so far!

The game is not really an RPG, it's just a simple "walking simulator" where the main goal is to find the way out of a labyrinth. I was dissapointed after seeing the movie
Pans Labyrinth, I needed more labyrinth and started to create this one, hehe. I won't spoil the details for now but it should only take about 30 minutes to get to the end
but of course there is a little twist at the end and as you can see there are some NPCs as well. Not 100% about exiting a labyrinth in other words.

The game will have quite a dark and melancholy feeling and I will lower the brightness etc and of course there will be rain but it is easier to work like this:

In-game printscreen 1

In-game printscreen 2

In-game printscreen 3

Just an overview in the editor

I might add some more animals, you can't have to many after all!
The one at the top is an anthill, a bit hard to tell when it's not animated.

Lastly the NPCs. They are inspired by RPGmaker 2003 sprites but I like how they turned out and I think they are unique enough,
especially since they don't play that big of a roll in this game.

Feel free to ask questions or give tips for improvment!