Title screen for a project...

Started by Fantasist, August 09, 2008, 08:45:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fantasist

August 09, 2008, 08:45:41 pm Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 11:19:35 am by Fantasist
This is the title screen for an old project I started, but abandoned. Check it out and comment :)

DOWNLOAD

Can anyone guess what project this could be? Ulta will know what this is instantly.

Spoiler: ShowHide

This is the title screen I made just now for the project 'Mount Mirage', which was supposed to be an entry for the Blizz-ABS demo game contest back in the old IF forums. I plan to revive this project seriously. QC has a log way to go and I need to experience the thrill of making a complete game, even if it's small. Yes, the contest needed the game to have a playtime of 30-60 mins.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Blizzard

Spoiler: ShowHide
When Blizz-ABS 2.0 is out, I will revive the contest. :naughty:
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

That's the reason I dug this up in the first place :D
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Blizzard

Oh, you're gonna cheat and have a project already done? xD

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Starrodkirby86

August 09, 2008, 10:20:32 pm #4 Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 10:21:33 pm by Starrodkirby86
Blizzard can go betrayal on all your butts and say the game must be developed within this time. :o

I hope a contest doesn't arise (Which is unlikely), if so, then I'll just help all the competitors I can. I don't feel like making some p'shaw game of Blizz-ABS. A demo game would need to show all the capabilities Blizz-ABS has, and what superiority it has over its competitors, such as Mr. Mo's or XAS to name a few. I already know some people who'll join in. :P

EDIT: I forgot about commenting on the project itself, heh. I noticed the sendspace link that it is an executable file, so is there anything in addition to the title screen? Like...maybe a little bit of gameplay within or...yeah.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Fantasist

QuoteOh, you're gonna cheat and have a project already done? xD

I didn't mean I'm competing. Since 1.99 is out, I just remembered what a great theme this project had, so I decided to make the game, initially, with the DBS (or without the ABS). But now... If I AM going to compete, it's not going to be fair unless some of the old competitors join too, since I have the headstart about the story and mapping ideas.

@Star: Nah, I just cooked it up yesterday. It's just there for amusement (I should probably make a GIF...) When I actually start working (and talk with Ulta or any one else who might want to help me), I'll either post in the New Projects or who knows, in the Blizz-ABS competition?

Blizzard

I will make a much more detailed rating table like 10 points for use of action sprites, 1 point for running sprites, 1 point for a non-standard level up animation etc. The time limit will be 2 months, that's plenty of time to make a short game with a very well ade story so your headstart will be basically void.

Fantasist

That means I CAN compete! When will Blizz-ABS 2.0 be out?

Blizzard

Don't expect it within the next 2 months.

Fantasist

So do I start working on it or not :?

Blizzard

Fantasist

Got it :D

btw, when is the release date for CoSLAL?

Blizzard

IDK. It will be most probably a couple of days after I release 2.0.

Starrodkirby86

Erm, by the way, I just noticed a somewhat obvious grammatical error. This is just a minor grammar nazi thing, but what're you going to do: Project begins with a consonant and does not have a vowel sounding, so an should be a in "Title screen for an project".

---

Again, I'm just going to be the great supporter, and I can't wait to see what games will be ready for the contest. I expect to see a lot more registrations or something if people were to see it. It would be a great advertising campaign to generate and milk more hits. :)

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Fantasist

QuoteErm, by the way, I just noticed a somewhat obvious grammatical error. This is just a minor grammar nazi thing, but what're you going to do: Project begins with a consonant and does not have a vowel sounding, so an should be a in "Title screen for an project".

Oh, what are you talking about, Star :V