Author Topic: Mandora Dungeon Minigame  (Read 1708 times)

Offline Kaiph

• Trained Member
  • LV: 1
    • View Profile
Mandora Dungeon Minigame
« on: February 02, 2016, 04:12:37 PM »
I'm surprised I'm the first to post about this. I've just recently got to play this game again, and I've hit a wall in the Mandora Dungeons.

I've been in the last room (I hope) for the past three hours and it looks like there are two paths to go, but neither of them give any viable window of opportunity to pass. I've tried (nearly) everything from bunching my characters up, analyzing the movement pattern of the guards, everything that's mentioned in the strategy guide. I'm shocked I managed to get through it the first two times (I'm on Warrior so I don't know if the difficulty of the minigames changes on higher modes). It's also worth mentioning that I'm awful at stealth. :^_^\':

Anyway, long story short, I'm f*cked for ideas on how to approach this. If anybody has any additional tips then I'd be grateful. And of course if you need a screenshot or a description of the exact room I'm in, then I'm sure I could whip one up.

Offline Blizzard

• This sexy
  • Administrator
  • has over 9000 posts
  • LV: 648
  • Magic midgets.
    • View Profile
    • You're already on it. (-_-')
Re: Mandora Dungeon Minigame
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 07:42:52 PM »
In that last big room go south first. You can quickly slip through by following the guard that goes around the double corner and then quickly out before the last guard sees you. The top path is harder.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze      King of Booze: Never Ever      Pet Bots
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android      Pet Bots for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS      Pet Bots for iOS
Drinking Game on Steam

Quote from: winkio
I do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney Stinson
When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Offline Kaiph

• Trained Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 08:51:51 PM »
That's the approach I'm taking. I've pretty much mastered the first guard but the second one always gets me even if I start moving the moment he turns around and starts walking down the corridor. I'm assuming keeping to the bottom wall is the trick there, but he always catches me when I'm literally a tile away from the exit :')
It'd be so much easier if you could take each character individually, or even in pairs, because I've lost count of the number of times, Lucius or Ariana have f*cked me over. I expected it from Lucius, but damnit Ariana, I trusted you!

Also, thank you for making it so if we get caught, we don't have to start the WHOLE thing again, because I may have divided my laptop in two otherwise.

Offline Blizzard

• This sexy
  • Administrator
  • has over 9000 posts
  • Magic midgets.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 10:49:12 PM »
It used to be like that in an early version. But I myself got tired of redoing the rooms after a few times so I figured why annoy the player with it as well. In the end this allowed me to make it harder, because only rooms need to be repeated.

If you mastered the first, let's take it from there step by step. I'm replaying now so I can tell you exactly what you need to do.

EDIT: Alright. Get in position like this:

(click to show/hide)

Then just walk along the wall, always 1 tile diagonally from him.

(click to show/hide)

And just slip by the moment he turns upward.

If I got the wrong room, just screenshot me the guard that is messing with you and I'll give you a route.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 10:54:04 PM by Blizzard »

Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android      Pet Bots for Android
Drinking Game on Steam

Offline Kaiph

• Trained Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 10:27:16 AM »
There's my problem right there. I can never get that close to him because he moves at the same speed as me sneaking, if not faster, and obviously I can't just run up to him. I'm always those 4 tiles behind.

And yes, that's the right room. It makes me so happy to know that's the last one because I can't afford another laptop if I ragesnap this one  :^_^':

Edit: I nearly forgot to thank you for your help.

Offline Blizzard

• This sexy
  • Administrator
  • has over 9000 posts
  • Magic midgets.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 10:47:25 AM »
Ah, yeah, now I know what you mean. I did this with CTRL so they didn't detect me. I forgot about sneaking. Start sneaking after him as soon as he turns around, then start walking normally as soon as he turns upward and has walked one tile. That should do it. If not, try two tiles. If that doesn't work either, I'll test it when I get home.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 10:48:50 AM by Blizzard »

Drinking Game on Steam

Offline Kaiph

• Trained Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 10:57:40 AM »
Thanks, I'll give it another shot. I'll get back to you when I've managed to make my way back to where I was.

I actually went to the extent of leaving the game running overnight a couple of days ago because it got too late and I didn't want to have to go the whole way again. It broke the music  :^_^':

Edit: That isn't working. I can't walk normally at all because part of the route I need to take is always in his view radius.
On the plus side, I've mastered the whole minigame up til this point, it would appear. It took me an hour or two at first.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 11:19:21 AM by Kaiph »

Offline Blizzard

• This sexy
  • Administrator
  • has over 9000 posts
  • Magic midgets.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 05:56:51 PM »
I've just tested the whole thing and it works fine. The movement speed of that guard is 2 on my end and I can catch up to him with sneaking. O_o I don't remember changing this. That is, I think I might have changed it, but I'm pretty sure that this version of the game was released. What version are you running anyway?

Drinking Game on Steam

Offline Kaiph

• Trained Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 06:19:27 PM »
I've just recently downloaded the 1.2.3.0 patch so I should be up to date. He's moving at the same speed I am and he was before I patched.
What I don't understand now is that even if you have changed it, I've only ever had v1.2.2.0 and this one and I've managed to do it twice on earlier modes. So I don't see how it could be to do with the version I'm using.

Offline Blizzard

• This sexy
  • Administrator
  • has over 9000 posts
  • Magic midgets.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2016, 07:15:14 PM »
Well, because when I play it on my current build, I am faster than him when I'm sneaking. So I must've reduced his- Oh fuck, now I remember. When playing on Warrior mode, all guards have their movement speed increased by 1. xD This is really the hard mode. Well, technically this was normal mode, but lots of people complained about it being too hard during the beta so I reduced the movement speed by 1 for all modes except Warrior. Well, it might not actually be doable through the bottom route on Warrior so try the nasty top route.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 07:16:21 PM by Blizzard »

Drinking Game on Steam

Offline Kaiph

• Trained Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2016, 07:54:44 PM »
That would explain it :') Considering that, I'm amazed I've managed to master the rest of it so quickly. I remember the small room with three guards (I think its the 5th or 6th) was a nightmare on normal mode xD
I'm dreading trying the top route again though, since the first guard pretty much never gives me a chance either. That's the route I tried first and spent an hour on. Any tips for a sneaky slippery ninja in training? :ninja:

Just for the first guard though. I want to get the rest on my own if I can, but like I said, that first guy needs a hobby.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 07:56:50 PM by Kaiph »

Offline Blizzard

• This sexy
  • Administrator
  • has over 9000 posts
  • Magic midgets.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2016, 09:21:04 PM »
If I remember right, you have to be quick with the first guy and quickly get around/behind him. Remember that you can walk left/right or up/down in place to minimize the number of tiles the party is taking up. After the first guy, move down. The guy two the right has a blind spot in a certain moment where you can yet again hide easily before going up. I don't remember the patterns for the rest, but I recommend you don't go for the chest. Observe the last few guys how the walk. You should be able to see the guy on the right end through the wall and remember his pattern. If I remember right, he turns around in a circle so you can walk around him after you cross the small metal grid/bridge.

Drinking Game on Steam

Offline Kaiph

• Trained Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2016, 12:06:47 AM »
I'll give it another shot when I'm next on. Whenever I've tried with the first guard, the closest I've come is Ariana being just within his view radius when he turns to walk back down the corridor. I can't seem to get any closer than that.
Thanks for the help so far :)

Offline Kaiph

• Trained Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2016, 04:15:46 PM »
*double posts*

From what I can tell, it's (nearly) impossible to get close enough to that first guard so that you can be outside of his range when he turns round. The best I can get is him spotting Ariana, even with running a couple of tiles to catch up with him, but I can't see any feasible way to improve the method.

Endout could just knock him unconscious. His weapon is his fists ;P

Offline Blizzard

• This sexy
  • Administrator
  • has over 9000 posts
  • Magic midgets.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2016, 09:41:55 PM »
Maybe I made that impossible on purpose. >.< I don't remember.

Drinking Game on Steam

Offline Kaiph

• Trained Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2016, 07:28:11 PM »
No worries :) I'll keep at it, trial and error seems to have helped me on the first 9 rooms :P