OZCM - OZ Character Maker v1.03

Started by orochii, March 06, 2016, 11:08:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

orochii

Orochii Zouveleki Character Maker
Version 1.03 - Visual Basic 2008

http://puu.sh/nw4u0/60b28757a1.png

This is a tool I made several years ago, then this week took again and added some small new features.
It's a character generator. It uses a set of graphics, then combines them. You select between multiple hairs, body types, shirts, etc. And it merges it all into a single image.
I made this for my personal use in my game, to make lots of NPC variants and stuff. But it's made in a way that it supports adding graphics (because I'm making resources as I need them anyway).

There are things that could be better, but right now it works. And for the sake of usage I converted CharaMakerXP resources to be used in this.

Features:
  • - Supports all PNGs except for 4bit colors because VB2008. Only PNGs though, sorry!

• Can work with alpha channel.

• Exports to 24bit PNG with alpha channel.

• You can add resources just by dropping them into the proper directories.

• Preset save/load. Save the chara you're making, and load it. All saved into a pretty simple format.

• Can set it to use female variations. You can just pile them all in one place too, but it's meant to make things cleaner.

Requires:
.Net Framework, any version is fine.

Downloads:
OZ Chara Maker v1.03
XP RTP Resources (converted from CharaMakerXP)

Changelog:
1.03 - It now saves width/height. And there is a checkbox to set if it uses female parts or male parts.
1.02 - Added preset save/load. Top layer for hairs. Female version support for various objects. Proper window resizing.
1.01 - Bugfixes that I don't remember. Added multiple sized character support.
1.00 - Initial version.

Salut!

KK20

Nice :)

As a subtle reminder, RM VXA (RGSS3) cannot support 24-bit graphics, as Blizz and I painfully discovered.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

orochii

I mean, 32bit PNG. I always make the distinction because a 32bit PNG is a 24bit PNG with 8 extra bits for alpha. For me the color is 24bit and alpha is a post-process.

Didn't know that VXAce can't handle 24bit PNGs though. I'm glad I always use 24bit only for adding alpha xD (so I never actually use 24bit).

Blizzard

Yeah, we found out just recently. If you try to load a 24-bit PNG with no alpha channel,you get a hard crash. >.<
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.