Any way to programatically create new Actors?

Started by Mason Wheeler, April 01, 2016, 05:11:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mason Wheeler

Does anyone have a script that will let you create a new Actor from a Class, who's not predefined in the Database?  Anyone who's recruited new random party members in a Disgaea game will understand what I'm looking for and why it's useful.

Blizzard

It's possible by just creating a instance and adding it to $data_actors, but it won't get saved with save games without some extra scripting.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Mason Wheeler

Yeah, I suppose $data_actors wouldn't get saved automatically, because it's part of the database.

Does such a script exist, that you know of?

Blizzard

Maybe if somebody made a custom pokemon script that wasn't a complete rewrite of the default scripts.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Zexion

I can do dis, but I am enjoying the first day in 2 weeks without homework or test lol. I will attempt this after some league. Just give me some specifics on how you wanna do it. Do you want it to happen automatically given some conditions, or within events... stuff like that

Mason Wheeler

Thanks, Zexion!

Having it happen within events is infeasible without being able to change the event editor.  Basically what I need is a script command, a function that inputs an integer (ID of a Class in the database) and returns a newly-created party member, and oh-by-the-way ensures that everything will save and load correctly.

Mason Wheeler

KK20

When I told him about this last week, he said he forgot all about this. Typical Zex xP

There's some questions regarding the request though. The attributes to an actor isn't just only the class ID assigned to it. What about the level? Strength? Exp Curve? Equipment? Name? And so forth...

You have to explain more as to how this system works.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Blizzard