[MV] Script / Plugin - Event Trigger on Player Click

Started by MeVII, May 30, 2016, 06:51:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MeVII

Greetings:

I would like to be able to set events to activate / trigger when the player clicks on them.

Is this possible via plugin or other scripting methods?

Thanks all!

MeVII

Blizzard

Yeah, there are a couple of mouse scripts that make that possible. Just look through the database: http://database.chaos-project.com
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

KK20

Not for MV currently though.

A simple google search though led me to here: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/46511-mouse-system-ex/&page=1

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

MeVII

Hey @Blizzard! Glad to see your still around!

Also thanks @KK20 for finding that for me.
I'm familiar and loyal to the Chaos-Project community,
so, I almost never bother looking for things off site.

I know that will seem counter intuitive in today's cyber-society,
but Id rather stick with relationships over convenience.

Just know that my impulse not to look elsewhere was not borne on laziness, but loyalty,
and, that I respect you takeing the time to look for and find something for me when I did not.

MeVII

P.S. - Since CP does not have one yet, I would still encourage someone from Chaos-Project to make a similar plug-in for MV.
Preferably one that is superior to Galenmereth / Degica.

I am also competitive. ;)

KK20

There aren't any loyal MV scripters here. And those that are posting their MV scripts here are just advertising their stuff across various RM boards :P

If you want actual MV support, you'll have to ask in the official RM forums. We're still primarily XP users so your mileage here will be almost non-existent.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

orochii

But what do you mean by activating events via mouse click? Doesn't MV have something like that already? Because it is intended to work in mobile, where all you have is touch-screen, and touch inputs most of the time are treated as clicks.

Do you mean click but without moving the character?

Just asking...

MeVII

@KK20 - Ah. I see. Very well then, and, thanks again for the look up!

@orochii - While clicking can be used to move characters, and select menu options, "click on" is not an option to activate events.
So, at best, clicking on an event would cause the character to move to the event, and then unless the event was set to activate on "player touch", nothing would happen.

So the plug-in that KK20 found for me, allows both the click to activate, and, if clicking to activate an event, the character does not move.

MeVII

orochii

Oh, ok. I remember the Simple Mouse System from Ace had that functionality and more done. Maybe someone will make those things for MV too (it included the cursor changing depending on the kind of event and other stuff).

But anyway, KK20's link proved to help you with your problem so yay! :^D.

MeVII

@orochii

If you are interested, the plugin that KK20 found for me does alot of mouse / click controls...hover, change, activate on leave etc etc...