[Resolved] Pathfinding Script that ignores Player

Started by Juz10_gameguy, June 09, 2016, 11:34:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Juz10_gameguy

June 09, 2016, 11:34:14 pm Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 01:38:40 pm by Juz10_gameguy
Hi everyone. I'm a first time poster on this website and I am very new to RPG Maker XP.

I have a script that I am using in my game that was made by a user on this forum in 2011 named ForeverZer0. The script is called Advanced Pathfinding. Because his post is roughly five years old I wasn't sure if it was appropriate to post my question there, so sorry if I am posting this in the wrong spot.

Essentially this script is exactly what I needed and is working great in my game allowing me to move npc villagers to various places on my map easily. However my only issue is if I the player tries to talk with the villager while they are moving to the location I tell them to go they will move out of the way and try avoid me because I am an obstacle in their path. This game of cat and mouse I have to play with the villagers to talk with them is very annoying so I was wondering if it is possible in anyway to change the script so that the villagers treat everything EXCEPT the player as an obstacle so that if I approach them to talk with them, they don't repeatedly try to move around me.

Is this at all possible? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

here is the url to the script I am using made by ForeverZer0 http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,9784.0.html