Down Sprites

Started by Blizzard, August 13, 2008, 11:14:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

August 13, 2008, 11:14:12 am Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 10:17:39 am by Blizzard
Ok, I need two more down sprites.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Please put them in 2 different files. Thanks!

Old post: ShowHide
I need sprites that are laying beaten on the floor for these five guys (no blood, just knocked out):

Just one frame per sprite is enough (5 frames altogether).
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

legacyblade

Alright, down poses were what I started my spriting request career with, so might as well do a few more. I'll take this request, blizz. Should be done within the next two days.

Blizzard

Alright. You can post the sprites here when you're done.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Sally

gasp blizzard is requesting a sprite request :O

Blizzard

Time, Susys, time. I lack it. I'm basically trying to get whatever help I can so I can finish CP already.

Fantasist

After knowing you for more than a year, I'm unable to help... it was CP which brought me here in the first place. I saw the topic on RMRK. So... anything I can do? *sniff* everything I can do, you can do LOADS better Blizz, but just in case...
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

legacyblade

Alright, tell me if any of them won't work for you, blizz.

Blizzard

No, they are fine. Don't forget people, if anybody wants to use this, credit legacyblade for the down sprites and do not credit me for the sprites. There was no credit when I download them. ._.

legacyblade

Alright, glad I could help!

DeathLock

Those sprites are created by Tori.

http://www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/~itazu/etolier/material/menu.html
(You'll have to click on charachip to view them.)

Blizzard

* Blizzard types down.

I'll be sure to credit that guy.

Fantasist

Nice work lb! *powers up*

PS: Your sig gives a 404 Error when I click it.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

DeathLock

Quote from: FantasistPS: Your sig gives a 404 Error when I click it.

Must be the link to the main page that isn't available.

legacyblade

O_O I got a power up!!!

and sorry, forgot to update the link, my sig should work now.

Blizzard

Ok, I need two more down sprites.

Please put them in 2 different files. Thanks!

legacyblade

Alright, I'll do those down sprites too :D

Blizzard

September 10, 2008, 04:53:00 am #16 Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 04:53:43 am by Blizzard
I hoped you would. ^_^

legacyblade

Sorry if they're not as good as the last ones. The shading on these sprites isn't what I'm used to working with, particularly sydon. But they're ok, right?

Blizzard

September 11, 2008, 03:49:53 am #18 Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 03:52:12 am by Blizzard
Perfect. ^_^

I made Ariana and I prefer rather simplistic shading because all my sprites are that way. Then I have at least matching characters. #_#
Sydon was made by Phasedscar and his shading is more a advanced version of that shading type which looks great but still fits in my game.

legacyblade

I'm terrible with simplistic shading. and sydon's shading just confused the heck out of me. But whatever works for you, XD (and fitting Ariana's down into a regular sized charset was heck, XD but at least it makes her look sorta curled up, XD

Blizzard

I think that Sydon's shading is pretty good. It just looks weird when your chars have awesome shading, but the environment doesn't. I know that I use simple shading, but that is with reason. I'm not try to create sprites like the Donkey Kong Country games had. #_#

legacyblade

lol, making donkey kong sprites is beyond my abilities. But I know what you mean. I just find Sydon's shading to be a bit...messy. Its hard to make out all the details on the sprite, and it's hard for me to grasp that method of shading (you've seen my smooth sleek kind). and yeah, best to keep all your shading consistent, even if its simplistic.

Blizzard

Phasedscar actually posted a tutorial about the way he sprites. :)

Phasedscar

September 18, 2008, 09:31:49 pm #23 Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 09:33:51 pm by Phasedscar
Yeah, would have to say my method isn't simplistic at all..

I shade so that other details stand out more, and I try to get a more.. lifelike appearence as far as shading goes, it's just the way I learned how to do it.  I can understand why you thought it was messy...  for that sprite it was pretty messy.  Lots of details in a very confined space, but I did what I could to make it look as close to the battler as possible.  Overall though, from the point of view you'd normally be looking at it, it looks good, at least I think so.

BTW, the one posted here was Blizzards slight alteration of the original.  He did some editing in photoshop (I believe).
original: ShowHide

Might look a little cleaner pixel by pixel.

His alternate fits his needs though, so either way I'm happy.  And good job on the down sprite, looks good.  Also, the face down part of the sprite was originally Calintz's version, I altered it slightly to fit the color scheme better, but that's probably why the shading sooms a little... odd, especially around the shoulders.
My own game project & My resource workshop! (respectively)
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=608.0 http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=682.0

What that is? Affection area for flails. - Blizz-ABS, the ultimate ABS

The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB. The height must not exceed 200 px and the width must not exceed 800 px. Altogether they may take up an area of 160000 px2. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Blizzard

Yeah, the shading really is odd around the shoulders. #_#

IDK if LB shades using Photoshop or manually. :P

legacyblade

I shade manually. I don't use PS's bevel tool, XD

Phasedscar

September 19, 2008, 08:48:49 pm #26 Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 08:49:29 pm by Phasedscar
Depends on what I'm doing, for sprites I manually shade everything because of the greater degree of control.  I use photoshop for my tilesets however, but that's because I'm going for a more painted look.
Last screenshots in alpha state: ShowHide

for some examples of what I mean.

BTW, I almost have that sprite set done for you Blizzard, should be in the thread tomorrow night.
My own game project & My resource workshop! (respectively)
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=608.0 http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=682.0

What that is? Affection area for flails. - Blizz-ABS, the ultimate ABS

The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB. The height must not exceed 200 px and the width must not exceed 800 px. Altogether they may take up an area of 160000 px2. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Blizzard

Sounds great! Can't wait to see it! :D

legacyblade

O_O this has gotten very off topic