How do I get the Transparent Color for Characters in Scripts?

Started by Heretic86, July 24, 2016, 07:51:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Heretic86

Under the Tools -> Options Menu, there is an option for Transparent Color.  I need to be able to read the Custom Data from inside a script.  How and Where is that information located?

Also, under Materialbase -> Graphics/Characters -> Import, you are given two for "Transparent Color (L-Click)" and "Semi-Transparent Color (R-Click)".  How and where do I get that information?
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

KK20

It's not related to any scripting. It's all editor stuff.

When you choose the transparent colors for graphics, it makes the changes to the graphic file itself--go look in your Graphics folder and see that your transparent color is removed.
For the Options transparency, it's probably some registry key.

EDIT: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Enterbrain\RPGXP

You will see ImportColor 1 and 2 as well. I'm not sure if you need these values specifically since it really is just to keep track of what colors the user last used.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Heretic86

Youre right.  I dont think I need it.  I do suspect that the images are altered when they are loaded by RPG maker as using get_pixel reveals the alpha value of the pixel is 0 for transparent backgrounds, regardless of color.
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

KK20

Well, yeah, that's kinda the definition of a transparent color :P
But yeah, all that transparent processing is done by the editor, not the engine.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!