[XP] Daath Origins

Started by BlackLodgeGames, September 09, 2016, 03:13:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackLodgeGames

September 09, 2016, 03:13:06 pm Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 09:10:32 pm by BlackLodgeGames

http://store.steampowered.com/app/655340/Daath_Origins/

Game Overview
Take command of an interstellar starship and guide her through star systems, planets, wormholes, dimensions, alternate timelines, and more, all the while managing a crew with almost 1 million fragile human lives to protect or exploit, in this open and deep turn-based RPG. 

Blending unique gameplay and action sequences with classic RPG game styles, combined with a dialog and quest system where almost every single decision has a consequence, Daath Origins has multiple branches, 26 classes, and many secrets to unlock even after completion of the main quest, making it an epic first entry in the series.

• A giant galaxy to explore, broken down into 36 sectors (upgrade your hull radiation protection to access the center of the galaxy)

• Over 500 handcrafted planets to explore in space, in-orbit, on their "surface" (or just send an away team!)

• Command your away teams, level them up, and help them earn skills and attributes for better away missions

• Spatial anomalies that bend time and space, transport you across the galaxy, or even into alternate dimensions

• Your actions change how the rest of the galaxy perceives you: with good, neutral, and evil alignments

• Multiple factions to join or to destroy, with devastating consequences for the rest of the galaxy

• Promote a skilled crew member each time you level up, but don't let them mutiny later based off of your actions

• When battling enemies, you have the ability to target specific systems such as Life Support or Main Power

• Over 75 unique quests created by the developer, with another 20+ respawning random quests for rogue-like play

• Tons of post "main quest" content, and a lore friendly New Game+ to play once you're ready

• Epic "Ultra Bosses" and tons of hidden items and secrets for the discerning role player

• Collect and mine resources, which can be Atom Printed into weapons, armor, and items for your starship

• 26 main crew members, including 9 Executive Officers to help in your journey

• 26 playable classes bring divergent content, bonuses and story branches from the very start!

• and more...

Screenshots (1080p)
Spoiler: ShowHide

Special Physical Collector's Edition Available

Physical Collector's Edition:
http://blacklodgegames.com/shop/pc-games-windows/daath-origins-collectors-edition/

To celebrate the launch of my first Daath game, I boldly manufactured 100 Collector's Edition of Daath Origins.  With no external funding, this meant taking a full time "real" job in order to pay for the materials and equipment.  I also hand assembled each part of the product, including printing, folding, cutting, stuffing, stapling, packing, burning the 2 disc soundtrack, shrink-wrapping as well as 3d printing all 100 spaceships.  I even hand stamped the outer box with the Daath Origins logo, and Collector's Edition written in the Draconian language I created. A lot of time, money, and labor went into producing these, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Pushing RPG Maker XP to the Limit!
Featuring original graphics, sound, music, and story by a 1 person dev "team," I aimed to push RPG Maker XP beyond the bounds of what it is typically known for.  To that end, Daath Origins is designed for 1920x1080 and features modified or additional coding through out the codebase.  It is only because of the extensive and helpful RPG Maker XP community that I was able to make this all possible (definitely includes you Chaos Project members, thank you so much!)

I Wrote & Recorded 31 Original Songs for the OST
Daath Origins is a 1 man game, and that includes the 2 CD, 31 original song soundtrack of the game, which I made under the band name "Mädchen Kraft."  The songs range in style from ambient, world, metal, rock, chiptune, shoegaze, stoner rock, and more.  Here is the tracklist:

You can listen to entire 1 hour 35 minute soundtrack here:

BlackLodgeGames

Daath Origins Official Strategy Guide

Welcome the Daath Origins ONLINE STRATEGY GUIDE. In this website, you will find a comprehensive guide including a quest by quest walkthrough of the main quest, a galaxy map featuring data for every star and planet, as well as a full breakdown of crew, enemies, items, weapons, armor, skills and more.

This online resource is still a work in progress. Anything you see listed here is already in the current beta version of the game.

BlackLodgeGames

All of you get a free Steam key to the game, either for providing a script that made it into the game, or providing a platform like forum.chaos-project.com (Blizzard) or for being helpful in the community:

ForeverZer0, ThallionDarkshine, Zeus81, Cyanic, Lizzie S, Zeriab, Draycos Goldaryn, Cremno, Selwyn, Glitchfinder, Poccil, Vgvgf, XRXS Scripter, Dubealex, Phylomorphis, Rabu, Cogwheel, Der VVulfman, Polraudio, Andreas21, Amaranth, Angelix, Shaz, Near Fantastica, Blizzard, KK20, LiTTleDRAgo, Heretic, game_guy, and Moghunter.

I give a shout out to this forum in the credits, along with these users (not sure if all of them are registered here, but a lot of them are.)