Finding a market? [RMVX ACE]

Started by cavemanK, October 17, 2016, 08:01:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cavemanK

I'm in the midst of developing Class Rules had the opportunity of participating in a marketing workshop for games last week.

One of the central points of criticism that I received revolved around landing on a target audience. I was wondering if anyone could provide suggestions or particular things that I should keep in mind.

What kind of demographics should I be considering? Do you think I should emphasize the action-comedy (I'm using an ABS), or the romance/narrative side more in promotional material?

For a bit about the game:

Class Rules is a game about being a game design student, and meeting the everyday challenges that must be overcome in order to deliver on a compelling game for your end of year project. Relationships, rivals, and a nefarious plot to take control of the galaxy stand between you and becoming a coveted GAME DESIGNER -- can you succeed against all odds?

You can find more here.

Thanks =)

Zexion

if you are planning on selling it the story really has to be worth paying for. Personally ive yet to see a game utilize an abs in a way that id be willing to pay specifically for that aspect of the game. It's fine if the game has an abs but, unless it is super fun and nice to look at, I wouldnt make it the focus of the game.

cavemanK

Quote from: Zexion on October 17, 2016, 02:26:40 pm
if you are planning on selling it the story really has to be worth paying for. Personally ive yet to see a game utilize an abs in a way that id be willing to pay specifically for that aspect of the game. It's fine if the game has an abs but, unless it is super fun and nice to look at, I wouldnt make it the focus of the game.

I agree! I wouldn't really say ABS is the focus. I use it to represent the parts which you play through the game you design while playing.