[RESOLVED][XP] Disable "exp" value for leveling up

Started by GatsRoller, November 22, 2016, 12:32:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GatsRoller

November 22, 2016, 12:32:34 am Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 10:35:00 pm by GatsRoller
Hi there guys!

Update-2 Resolved thanks!

Update-1 Thanks to KK20 now I have a better way to explain myself on this request, so here is the updated request:

I'm looking for a way to disable the"exp" value, so for it not to work at all, not show on screen, or after battle. Also make the exp value not be asociated with leveling up. Basically take the basic leveling up system from the game. That still being my request number 1.

Now this would be my updated request: Since there will be no Exp value, I would like to have like a "watch" system, so its like using an "invisible" value lets say all monsters drop an approximate of 10 of these points instead of exp after battle and, associate this poitns with a common event that will reset certain switches every like 60 points, in other words every 6 battles something will happen, and the character might say somthing like "some time has passed , gotta check around for supplies". This will indicate you have reached

To explain myself further here so you can have an idea of what Im trying here, the idea is to have a system in which by calling events, most items will give you an increase of a certain status by a certain amount (max HPup, max SPup etc ), thus leveling up as there will be no actual exp system.
So this "new value" given by monsters will be the grind status of the game, as you know you need to beat a certain amount of battles in order to look again for items on chests and such. The idea is to make the game a bit of survival and scavenger.

Do I make sense? Im trying to innovate here lol, so let me know.  :^_^\':

By now the goal of the mechanic is to work mostly on calling common events by items, but I still ignore how would it take to "disable" the exp by editting the script, and also how to make monsters give out an invisible value to trigger common events. Also Im venturing myself into taking a look at the original scripting of the game and have succesfully managed to edit a few stuff by myself without crashing the game, so Im more than receptive to any explanation rather than a mere "do it for me request", either way I will be very thankfull!

KK20

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

GatsRoller

That is pretty close to what Im looking, at least I will have something to show on the demo, in the meantime I guess I'll play with the settings to get familiar with the mechanics.

GatsRoller

Just a bump here, I have updated my request, confident Im explainign myself a lot better now!  :sos:

KK20

The first part is just removing any instances of drawing EXP (and the actor levels) in the windows. Make enemies not give any EXP and you're done. It's not hard to do that, so you should be capable of figuring that one out.

The rest sounds like eventing moreso than a script. Just use game variables, adding whatever value the enemies give in the Troop events. Have a parallel process common event check if the variable reached a certain amount; if so, make character say something, turn switch(es) on, and reduce the variable so it won't trigger again. I'm not sure what your "items" are, so you'll have to explain that one more in detail.

Other Projects

GatsRoller

Quote from: KK20 on November 27, 2016, 07:02:05 pm
I'm not sure what your "items" are, so you'll have to explain that one more in detail.

Ok so imagine as in pokemon series as an example, there are some items that will raise your HP, attack, defense, etc by a certain amount, so in this game every usable item as an example the typical HP recovery item shal also increase your HP by a bit, or like a "shuriken" item, will attack the enemy and raise your attack. Im trying to add some survival scavenger elements on a dungeon crawler, so the idea is for you to endure some more battles knowing more items to recover and increase your stats will appear here and there.

Also Im keeping the gold value, with another name, so the character can administrate which items to buy on shop areas, thus administrating its growth, but well that might be another topic, in the meantime I hope you have a context on my "item leveling" idea, maybe additional comments? might be broken?

oh BTW the idea I have is to make the items call for a common event every time rhey are used, and there is actually an event called "increase parameters" so that one is checked. Oh and maybe this way I can have certain moments of the game to actually unlock your next level, since there is no exp system, only these events will give you level, but then I have my skills matched with each level, in other words handling the issue of my skill system with just eventing.  :P

KK20

Then I don't really see the need for a script when all of this can be handled easily with events.

Other Projects

GatsRoller

Right!?  :D

Ok so just to clarify and to call this a "resolved question", on the script editing part I might still have to take the exp value out of game, anything else I might have to edit on the script before getting into the eventing part?

KK20

Other Projects

GatsRoller

Great!

So I might start figure out the event system, will need some feedback on that, but thats for another topic.

Thanks for looking into this! :D