Gamedisk Creation Failed

Started by TheHackMan, August 15, 2008, 11:52:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHackMan

I am using RPG Maker XP Postality Knights Edition Enhanced and about 60% of the time when I go to make a game disk(RTP or not) I will get a Gamedisk Creation Failed error and its starting to get really annoying. Is there anything in particular that could be causing this that I might not be aware of or something?

Starrodkirby86

Try both non-encrypted and encrypted. It also may be because of the whole Postality Knights sloppiness. Try and use the legal version if you can, but no harm done if you're using PK. If all fails, you don't need to create a gamedisk, you can always use an Installation Creator such as one by Clickteam.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

TheHackMan

Encrypted and non-encrypted seem to make no real noticeable change in whether or not it works right. I might just get the actual version and whatnot although I will miss the Mass Message Entry option if I do. It does get annoying though when sometimes I can make 10 in a row and then other times I will have to try it about 25 times before I get one successful one.

Starrodkirby86

Oh yeah, definitely. Message cut-off is a really blasted thing, but that's when you obtain yourself a Custom Message System. I'm not going to trail into that area more.

Have you tried making a gamedisk of any other projects, and if so, do they still make the same error?

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

GAX

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on August 16, 2008, 12:20:49 am
Oh yeah, definitely. Message cut-off is a really blasted thing, but that's when you obtain yourself a Custom Message System. I'm not going to trail into that area more.

Have you tried making a gamedisk of any other projects, and if so, do they still make the same error?

Man, Mass Text Entry owns...Blizzy really needs to finish Hybrid Edition >.<

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Fantasist

It might be the read-write permissions of your projects folder. This is very unlikely, but give it a shot. Go to your folder's properties and remove 'read-only'. I'm not aware of the cause of the problem, these are just farfetched guesses, which might work. Other thing you can do is to reinstall the program or get a new exe file. Just try these and see if there's any difference.

PS:
Quoteyou can always use an Installation Creator such as one by Clickteam

I finally found a better free installer: Inno Setup. It doesn't even have the last credit page in the end since it's open source. Anyone interested SHOULD check it out :)
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Blizzard

Quote from: GuardianAngelX72 on August 16, 2008, 12:45:31 am
Man, Mass Text Entry owns...Blizzy really needs to finish Hybrid Edition >.<

We all know that this isn't going to happen. :roll:
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

August 16, 2008, 07:42:39 am #7 Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 07:50:34 am by Fantasist
Yeah :'(
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews