Making Maps during Gameplay(DEMO INCLUDED)

Started by G_G, August 16, 2008, 08:46:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

Umm this is hard to explain but if anyone has played halo 3 its like forge. Umm if no one has played the game then this system lets you make maps whil you are playing. Its really easy and not that advanced as I only have 4 choices for each tile. While playing the demo, just select a blank square and select a choice. And Thats All

Ok you or the playre of your game, can make maps during game. It does require Zeriabs Anti-Lag script or Blizz ABSEAL. I thank Zeraib for creating his script or this wouldn't of happened. Its still kind of laggy but not as much as it was without the script. To make something like this open the demo and look at the event. On MAP0003 You'll need that event on every space on the map. But to do this, you need to be on different map then it has you teleport you to the map making area or you can't make an event on every space.
DEMO HERO::::::http://www.sendspace.com/file/pljcb9

Ryex

August 16, 2008, 05:27:41 pm #1 Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 05:31:24 pm by Ryex
interesting... to bad you would not be able to do layers withe that system. 

Good Work! *adds to database guide*
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Fantasist

This is... sorry, but imo, I wouldn't use it in my wildest dreams, but Oh well :) You know the 'hideout's in GBA Pokemon games? Someone could use it for small maps and, you know, instead of filling the maps with events, they can fill only some places with events so they can be confiigured. Nice idea :D
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

G_G

I didnt expect anyone to use it, and its going to be better. I am working on fitting a whole tileset in even with water. But I have now in my non released version a tree you can put in, a log, some mountains, but I have to configure the events now and reupload it and it should be here, for the new demo you can try out.

KRoP

Spoiler: ShowHide

Maybe after an hour of tapping space bar I could make a "beautiful" map.  I mean, everyone loves grass. :roll:
Seriously though, this is in need of some improvement.  Even the method to add grass could have been epicly easier for the player.  For one thing, you could have only held two different keys, one for adding and one for removing, while moving around to add and create grass.

legacyblade

No need to get insulting, KRoP. Anyways, this is a really great job for an event system. This would be difficult even in scripts (at least for me). Sure the system could use improving, but it's really cool (even if I have no use for it myself). Great work.

Satoh

Seriously I think it has a lot of merit...

It could be used if the player was allowed to build their own home, or design an airship or something...

the execution of the idea may or may not need improving(haven't tested it yet), but it sounds like a reasonably useful thing to me.
Requesting Rule #1: BE SPECIFIC!!

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night...
Light a man afire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life... ¬ ¬;

My Resources

KRoP

Indeed, selecting Tileset as an event graphic is, though obvious, a feature unknown to some.

But the fact that this was made in the intention of actually making your own map in game, rather than actually creating the map as events and then tapping space bar everywhere to see it, is the point I was trying to bring up. :'_':

Calintz

G_G

I checked my event systems. The ones with demos have no broken links wow

Calintz

G_G

I've decided to Re-vamp this system. I think thats what it is xD revamp it doesnt sound right. I'll go with Remake. It'll be a house/base system. It'll probably be awhile til its done so its actually perfected great unlike this piece of shit xD ----> xD reminds me of SRK too much :(

Anyways I'll include more than grass. It'll probably be a house with some furniture

Hellfire Dragon

There's a script for the type of thing in Scriv(b?)e. Well a list of download links for it and the only I found that worked was password protected when I downloaded it :P I think it also required the SDK which sucked.

Anyway, if you want more 4 choices why not a make a text box or picture showing a list of numbers an item beside each one, ie
1. Grass, 2. Chair etc,
Then have an Input Number event to let the player the player choose a number then have a conditional branch checking what the variable the player entered is, and change the tile accordingly.

I used this methd for some things like a character set up in a small game I made, where the player entered the number for the class they wanted to be, it's easy set up and works well.

Just an idea ;)

Sally

Game girl im gonna see if i can do something with this :) tryto make my own branch.

RoseSkye

Quote from: KRoP on October 21, 2008, 09:37:47 pm
Spoiler: ShowHide

Maybe after an hour of tapping space bar I could make a "beautiful" map.  I mean, everyone loves grass. :roll:
Seriously though, this is in need of some improvement.  Even the method to add grass could have been epicly easier for the player.  For one thing, you could have only held two different keys, one for adding and one for removing, while moving around to add and create grass.

I weep at the beauty of this map.

Calintz

If initiated and utilized properly, this event system would allow for the creation of games similar to Dark Cloud, no??

bboyd93

Hate to bring back such an old topic, but. . .

The download needs to be re-upped. . .  :P

lonely_cubone

[don't kill me, i'm not the one who necroposted :P]

But yeah, this looks useful. G_G, I think I know how this works anyways, but I'd like to see if you did something really unique that I never thought of. Do you think you could re-upload it?

G_G

Lost it, may possibly remake it however its not as great as you think. The way I did it was rediculous. Hmm, may be an interesting script idea *cough*hideouts*cough*

bboyd93

Quote from: game_guy on June 28, 2010, 07:08:47 pm
may be an interesting script idea *cough*hideouts*cough*

I think that's what everyone was thinking when downloading this. . . lol. 

Too bad you lost it  :<_<:, everything I've gotten from you has been really good.