Blizz ABS - Battlecry/Custom sound when hit for enemies?

Started by danleon950410, January 18, 2017, 02:43:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

danleon950410

Hello, everyone!

This community has been really helpful in the development of my game, and i really appreciate that. You guys offer amazing support even though we're talking about a 12 yo software.

This time i'd like to bother anyone with a simple doubt: Is there any way to integrate a Battlecry/Custom sound for when enemies are attacked/receive damage from the player and his weapon? I've tried with animations, Google searchs and Chaos Project searchs but i haven't been able to either make it work or find useful info.
I know that you can have a custom animation for weapons but that is kinda used for the weapon/player itself and not the objective, and the fact that the sound plays wether or not and objetive is attacked seems so support this.

So that was it, i'd like to thank in advance any brave user/sould who can lend me a hand. If not, no biggies.
It's just that the game looks so DEAD in that aspect that it kinda sucks...It's not a matter of life or death but boy it sure adds some quality.

Have a nice day

Blizzard

:welcome:

I've seen a script like that in the past, but when I checked our database, I couldn't find it. Maybe it was at www.rmrk.net Try taking a look there.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

KK20

You can also probably use this in some way: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,12230.0.html
Just make a trigger for when the enemy is hit by something to play a sound.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

danleon950410

Quote from: KK20 on January 18, 2017, 03:23:16 pm
You can also probably use this in some way: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,12230.0.html
Just make a trigger for when the enemy is hit by something to play a sound.

Well i did mess with it for a while, but it added some lag (for some reason) to an already full-of-scripts project plus messed around some of the other triggers i was already using for the battle system. It has potential for future projects, and technically it delivers to my need but i'm gonna give it a pass for now.

That said, thank you very much for your replying and helping me.

danleon950410

Quote from: Blizzard on January 18, 2017, 03:22:16 pm
:welcome:

I've seen a script like that in the past, but when I checked our database, I couldn't find it. Maybe it was at www.rmrk.net Try taking a look there.

Oh God, Blizzard. I had no idea you were still around here to this date. I'm kinda honored: really admire your work and your ABS, it's the best thing ever for the RM XP.

To the mater, yeah i was unable to find it in the database too. And Google was useless also. So i did what you said and checked www.rmrk.net up and down but all i found was a really old post from a guy with a similar issue where the only reply said to ask you personally + a link to the Chaos Project Forum. Of course i'm not gonna do that as i know that you're reitred, but for the sake of the project i've decided to let that feature pass and live with it.

Thank you very much for answering and your help...

Blizzard

Haha, I'm glad you like it. xD Yeah, I'm retired, but I still hang around. Sometimes I even help out. Just linking something or saying something usually isn't a problem. xD

I just remembered this script here: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,8825.0.html
It's almost what you're looking for, but it's for actors. It should be applicable to enemies with a few edits.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

danleon950410

Quote from: Blizzard on January 19, 2017, 02:53:01 pm
Haha, I'm glad you like it. xD Yeah, I'm retired, but I still hang around. Sometimes I even help out. Just linking something or saying something usually isn't a problem. xD

I just remembered this script here: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,8825.0.html
It's almost what you're looking for, but it's for actors. It should be applicable to enemies with a few edits.

Glad to hear that.

Yeah, i came across that one last week i think. I gave it a pass as soon as i saw it was for the player, but i don't need any voice-like grunts for him like Link in the Zelda games.

I'm ultra-noob at scripting and RGSS so i had little-to-no idea you could port it to work on enemies. Seriously, it took me 4 months to soft-mod the ABS a little (and by soft mod i mean hide the things i don't need) but now that i know i'm gonna play with it to make it work.
Thanks a bunch, blizz.

I'm just 3 things away to having the ABS completely ready now.