Bugs Megathread

Started by G_G, May 02, 2017, 02:37:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

May 02, 2017, 02:37:54 am Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 02:16:32 pm by G_G
Lexima Legends Bug Megathread

As some of you know, Blizz has a new mode coming out for the game. He's also re-worked some stuff and its also running the XP Ace Engine along with KK20's tilemap re-write. So with anything, there are probably going to be bugs people find. Most of the major stuff has been fixed and a lot of it will probably just be typos and dialogue stuff. But feel free to share anything you got! I'll keep this topic updated with stuff I find and other people post and Blizzard can come back and edit the topic and cross stuff off as he fixes it or however he wants honestly. While this version isn't technically released or finished as of the initial creation of this topic, a few people have it and are reporting things. The current release (which is mostly bug free) might still have a few oddities so feel free to report anything here as well. Screenshots/bug reports in this thread do contain spoilers. Try to put your stuff in the [spoiler][/spoiler] tags.

Major Bugs

RGSS3 Player has stopped working
Blizzard is aware of this bug but a solution to fix it is unknown. Either related to the tilemap re-write or the window system re-write. There aren't any workarounds, when you run into this, the game instantly crashes so just save as often as you can. Note: This is only related to the version running the XP Ace engine. Current public release is fine!

Dialogue/Typos

Mayor in Reeva
Just a couple of dialogue issues.
Spoiler: ShowHide

"There is cave east" should be "There is a cave east" (Same dialogue tree, next message or so, "return" is misspelled)

Might need rewording

Cave Entrance

Dalia/Corny - Needs a comma "After I was done,"

New Victory Cry - Just needs a space

Graphical Issues

Orbs getting cut off (Dunno if this can be fixed or if you want it fixed but reporting it anyway)

Screen shaking near borders of maps (Hard to see but yellow line flickering in and out of screen at bottom)

Gameplay Bugs

Prison Break Guard Loop (Get caught in a loop if you go to a previous screen, can just wait for the guard to move mid message and be fine)
http://jugglingcode.com/snapshot/94dpbCU728.webm

GAX

May 02, 2017, 03:03:31 am #1 Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 03:05:11 am by GuardianAngelX72
Gonna use this post to drop in any major dialogue rewrites.  A lot of the dialogue is, admitted by Blizz "really, really old" and may need some cleaning.
Exact wording need not be used, but can be drawn from.
Opening Scene, Start of Game to Jason's introduction: ShowHide

<Prophecy>
In the beginning, all was Chaos
Chaos gave way to Order
Thus did Chaos become Life
After Life has faded, and Order has fallen
Chaos shall reign eternal
<Scene:  Tower of Memories, Fire of Life>
An old legend speaks of a lone flame hidden away in a place known as the Tower of Memories.  The Fire of Life, the force which binds the fabric of eternity.  In antiquity, it is said that should the hue of the flame become any color other than blue, then this "Solar Cry" would be the herald of absolute destruction.
<Red Solar Cry>
Ages ago, it is said that a Solar Cry had dyed the flame red.  This change had gone unnoticed until the very twilight of the calamity, when two mysterious warriors stepped forth from parts unknown.  The actions of the two were able to reverse the Solar Cry, but there were those who suspected that they themselves may have been responsible for the very event to begin with.
<Scene:  Dark Cave>
However, others suspected something far more sinister afoot.  The people spoke of a dark force, an unspeakable entity whose very malice and contempt for the universe itself willed the destruction of everything.  Even with the Solar Cry reversed and the Fire of Life restored to its natural state, many feared that this evil force must still exist.
An eternal force, an opposition to the very Fire from the shadows it would cast.  The people denied that such a thing could exist, but did they truly not believe...or was it easier to ignore this threat?
<Scene:  Lab, alternatively, this scene could be on a black background with the lab unseen>
Or could it be that those spinning these tales were merely looking away from an even darker truth?  What if the Solar Cry signaled something far worse than mere destruction?  What horrifying fate could be worse than oblivion itself?
<Scene:  Tower of Memories, Fire of Life>
Whatever the truth of these events, they bear little significance to the present.  Now, we find ourselves fortunate to see such a rare site with our own eyes...another Solar Cry is about to occur.
<Green Solar Cry>
While visually it is nothing spectacular, what is to follow is sure to be of far greater consequence.  Unlike the past, the Solar Cry has given way to a green flame.  And now we find ourselves asking but one question...
<Scene:  Fade Black>
The Fire of Life, that which binds the very fabric of the universe...what could have triggered something so ominous as the Solar Cry?
<Scene:  Mysterious Lab>
What power could possibly have such influence?  Is such a thing natural, or is the hand of another at play?  To find our answers, let us journey now to the little blue world of Terra, where our story shall begin.
Such a peaceful place...
<Scene:  Fade Black>
...that shall soon learn first hand what is worse than oblivion.
<Scene:  Jason class>
Here we find Jason, a rather uninteresting fellow to say the least.  A simple college student, caught in the sway of the mundane as he drifts slowly from one trifling academic endeavor to the next.  Like those around him he is unaware of what fate has in store for Terra...nor is he aware that he will escape it."

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

G_G

Updated OP with one more typo and a graphical bug.

Blizzard

Quote from: G_G on May 02, 2017, 02:37:54 am
Screen shaking near borders of maps (Hard to see but yellow line flickering in and out of screen at bottom)

KK20! >8U You said you fixed that.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

KK20

Resolved. Map wrapping was left enabled accidentally.
Thank god I didn't have to do anything

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Blizzard

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ThallionDarkshine

Not sure if this is the right place to post about this, but I think the main download may be missing some graphics. I'm getting an error that it can't find "Graphics/Pictures/Damage/255-32-32.cpg" on running the game. It looks like the data is there as a png, but seeing as I have no knowledge of the cpg format (it seems to be something to do with fonts from my quick google search), I can't do anything about it. Anyone else have this error? I'm on Windows 8.1 if that matters at all.

Blizzard

January 08, 2018, 04:30:42 am #7 Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 04:43:25 am by Blizzard
Try running as admin. It's possible that Windows messed up the permissions. It's also possible that the installer messed up. If it still doesn't work, try reinstalling and make sure to run the installer as admin (even though it should request to run as admin by default).

EDIT: Nope, I fucked up. I'll upload a fixed installer in a few minutes. ._.

EDIT: Here you go: http://downloads.chaos-project.com/LL4/instaLL4_201.exe
Make sure the file size is exactly 118,349,970 bytes, just to make sure your browser didn't cache the previous download.

ThallionDarkshine

Thanks Blizz, it's working fine for me now.