[RESOLVED] Tiled Script for XP

Started by callmedan, July 07, 2017, 08:52:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

callmedan

July 07, 2017, 08:52:08 am Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 06:29:03 am by callmedan
Hello! I'm looking for Tiled script for XP. XP mapping system is much better than newer engines but sometimes I find 3 layers are not enough.
There's a plugin made for MV and the authors also public the source code. So I'd like to ask if anyone could spend your time to make a version for XP please? (and if it's possible, of course)
Here's the MV plugin on RPG Maker forums: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/tiled-plugin-version-1-3-0-released.50752/

What is Tiled?
Tiled is a piece of open source software designed to function as a Map Editor for custom game engines. It is written in C++ and has some really nifty features that aren't going to be applicable to you at all for this purpose. In this tutorial, I will be going over the basic features that can be used to achieve the Pre-Rendered Mapping (more often known as Parallax Mapping) effect without the use of Graphic software such as Photoshop or Gimp.
Tiled can be downloaded for free at mapeditor.org

KK20

As someone who has knowledge on making Tilemap rewrites, adding more layers is not a good thing. You start running into poor performance as you need to create more and more sprites to compensate for each tile on each layer. Your request will not be fulfilled here.

The closest thing to what you want may be Drago's Multi-Layer.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!