Problem with default mechanics.

Started by Kise, October 05, 2017, 08:25:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kise

Hello, I have a little problem with default scritps\mechanics. When there's event with two pages, first one has enabled 'stop animation', activates self switch A by action button, and the second page has different graphic and disabled 'stop animation' - then in game the second page's graphic sometimes still shortly plays animation which is not enabled. Looks like it changes graphics of pages before disabling it's options.

Demo - https://ufile.io/d4np3

KK20

I can understand why it's like that to begin with. Take a look at the '051-Undead01' character sprite. Notice that the yellow dots are the same pattern in every column. Meanwhile, the ghost itself is facing the same direction in each row. This allows you to spin the ghost around while making it play its step animation, preventing the disruption of the animating dots. Essentially, you have two animations play on one character graphic.

In code, the game only resets the walk animation of the character if its new pattern does not match its previous (by pattern I mean what frame of the walk animation you select in the character sprite). In your demo, if you made the second page's graphic be the 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) frame of the walk animation, you will notice that the walk animation stops immediately.

For what you want, you're going to need to do a bit of a trick. On the first page, do a Set Move Route and change the graphic of the event to a different frame than the page's (in case of your demo, anything but the 1st frame). This will trick RMXP into resetting the walk animation so that when you transition to page 2, the step animation will immediately stop.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Kise

Alright, thank you for the explanation and fix. :)