class changeing in single character arpg

Started by cheos, October 18, 2017, 12:44:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cheos

So, I am looking to make an action role playing game project where the character can change between classes at any time given that they are equipped. This will change what abilities they can use. What rpg maker should I go with and what scripts do i need for this?
[Insert Mind Blowing Signature]

KK20

• An Action RPG Battle System script

• Eventing abilities

...and that's pretty much it. There might be some scripts out there that have a class switching UI to make things pretty, but I'm not aware of them. Doesn't matter which RM you use as all of them (not sure about MV but wouldn't surprise me) have an ABS script.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

cheos

Thank you for your reply! :haha: You wouldn't know what abs would be best for bullet hell mechanics would you? As for the class change yes I am aware that I'd have to work some event magic to this. I just cant find any solid leads on my options as far as what abs systems there are out there(google has failed me). I have every rpg maker I could purchase on steam and I even have fes. This project actually started on fes as a rpg but I decided to move over to pc development. It has a repetitive nature to it so i want the thing you will be doing most be actually fun.

KK20

You're using the wrong game engine for bullet hells then. I know with VXA and older, rendering a lot of sprites can be taxing on the frame rate. If we're talking pixel-based (not tile-based) movement patterns, definitely look into some other game engine.

If all you want is just a fair amount of projectiles moving on the screen, then Blizz-ABS will suffice. I don't have much experience with other ABS systems nor any knowledge of what exists. You should ask on the actual RM forums for guidance instead.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Zexion

BTW, blizz-abs also has a manual included with the download. I strongly suggest using it. You can find almost everything you need to know by using the search feature in it and it has very detailed instruction on how to use it. There are some known bugs but they probably won't be fixed unfortunately.

cheos

I was considering XAS abs and Blizz abs I saw a lot of what I needed in those and you don't need a bunch of projectiles to pull off the bullet hell feel (and honestly its only for bosses). I'm actually leaning toward XAS tho the example demo shows me a lot and I found a decent manual on the on the word press. Can anyone point me to an example project for Blizz abs?