Event System WorkShop

Started by cstb, August 17, 2008, 05:38:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cstb

August 17, 2008, 05:38:25 pm Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 04:12:48 pm by cstb
Im new to chaos project and i saw some event systems and i need ideas for some so im taking requests!u can request anything event related and not script RELATED. :haha:
EDIT: I have a event System For Jumping and one for airship coordinates is being made.
Chronos: Failed project due to loss of data.
Maybe I could try again...

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

cstb

Final Fantasy 7

Starrodkirby86

August 17, 2008, 06:42:45 pm #3 Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 06:44:10 pm by Starrodkirby86
Ah, hi. I would like to request an event system, a flight simulator, kind of like Pilotwings, a little less like Star Fox. Because of this, I want there to be a complex HUD with various modes, similar to an airplane's item. I'll show you in a diagram I'm concocting with Paint Line art:

Spoiler: ShowHide

I don't mind if the images are primitive. The system is mainly just for transportation, but the airplane does have to have HP, which you can create a meter to the top left area or something (More like a fuel rather than HP, but you get me). I don't have any deadline for this. The system has to be near to optimal by the way. This kind of works like the World Map's airship...yeah. Many thanks. ^^

Read this after reading the rest: ShowHide
I kid on this request. The system is too much work, and it's probably...I don't know. Aqua mainly suggested to give an idea (Not an airplane simulator, rather the whole fake request), and I might as well just go finish it. Your event workshop request is really short in itself, and unless you're willing to do anything you should post what requirements, a form, and whatnot so it'll be easier on you. ^_^

...Aqua...Don't kill me for taking this post. ._.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Fantasist

Welcome to CP cstb ^_^

@Star:

Hmmm.... ha... HAHAHA... MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! *rubs hands and laughs maniacally*
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

cstb

are you guys gonna welcome me or request something?I Need A Request To Do im Getting Bored! >:(

Final Fantasy 7

DeathLock

An example of your work would be best. :<_<:

Blizzard

I would like to ask your for a "Theatre play" minigame (so I don't have to do it myself which will save me a couple of hours), but I'm not sure if you can handle that request.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

cstb

August 18, 2008, 03:54:26 pm #8 Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 04:15:13 pm by Blizzard
Quote from: Blizzard on August 18, 2008, 03:13:07 pm
I would like to ask your for a "Theatre play" minigame (so I don't have to do it myself which will save me a couple of hours), but I'm not sure if you can handle that request.
Can You Be More Specific?

Quote from: DeathLock on August 18, 2008, 02:56:16 pm
An example of your work would be best. :<_<:
Ok.

Final Fantasy 7

Blizzard

August 18, 2008, 04:32:43 pm #9 Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 04:35:09 pm by Blizzard
One note before I start: Don't double post, edit your post instead by pressing the "Modify button". ;)

The system is fairly easy, but it could turn out quite big. The most important piece of the minigame is timing keys. i.e. you have 10 frames time (20 frames = 1 second in event) to press the down key. During that time an image is displayed showing the button. You can put in any image by using the "Show Picture" event command as I will make script that will handle the images because I use custom controls which you can set up to your own needs. In any case, here is how the system works:

The game starts with 2 ratings of 1000, which is 100,0%. For each mistake the player loses a different value, i.e. 1% for a missed dialogue, 2% for a missed key action, etc. of the first rating and 1% of the second. The player gets 1% for each successful action on the first rating, but NOT on the second rating. The second rating acts as a limiter for mistakes. The first rating can't be higher than the second one, in other words, even if you make mistakes at the beginning and do everything else well, you can't get a 100% rating anymore.
There are several situations where the player can get in:

1. Dialogue; the player has to reply choose the right text. This is also timed. If the player doesn't respond in time he loses points.

2. Moves; the appear during the dialogue scenes. Here the RIGHT movement is being executed regardless of what the player pressed. Incorrect key presses descrease the first rating by 3% and the second by 1%.

3. Battle A; the player has to attack. Each button that is triggered in the right period of time (what I described in the beginning of this post) will execute a different attack. The other fighter ALWAYS counters/dodges correctly the player's attack, but for the wrong attack the player will loses 2% on the first rating and 1% on the second (as I said described already).

4. Battle B; the player had to counter/dodge attacks. This works the same as Battle A moves. The importance why there are 2 different battle types is that there can't be more than 3 different moves of one battle type in a row. i.e. 3A - 2B - 2A is ok while 3B - 4A - 2B isn't.

Each key input uses another set of buttons. i.e. movement can be the normal movement keys, attack can use ENTER, ESC and SHIFT, while the attacks use X, Y, R and L buttons.
You should create common event calls for the different things that need to be executed. You don't need to create any scenes that use this minigame system, I will take care of that. Of course you will have to create one scene for yourself to be able to test it.

Still think you can do it?

cstb

Blizz i forgot to post up earlier im not doing anything script related lol sry. :(

Final Fantasy 7

Blizzard

I have mentioned nowhere that you have to make a script.

cstb

QuoteYou can put in any image by using the "Show Picture" event command as I will make script that will handle the images because I use custom controls which you can set up to your own needs. In any case, here is how the system works:
btw its a lot to do and once i know how to do alittle bit more eventing ill start but for now i can make a simple battle system or some airship and stuff like that.minigames will be made tho:)

Final Fantasy 7

Blizzard

August 18, 2008, 07:08:49 pm #13 Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 07:12:20 pm by Blizzard
QuoteYou can put in any image by using the "Show Picture" event command as I will make a script that will handle the images because I use custom controls which you can set up to your own needs. In any case, here is how the system works:

And yeah, that's why I said that I'm not sure if you can handle it.

cstb

Quote from: Blizzard on August 18, 2008, 07:08:49 pm
QuoteYou can put in any image by using the "Show Picture" event command as I will make a script that will handle the images because I use custom controls which you can set up to your own needs. In any case, here is how the system works:

And yeah, that's why I said that I'm not sure if you can handle it.
yeah...

Final Fantasy 7

Blizzard

Don't worry about it. ^_^ It may be better if I made it myself after all.

cstb

August 18, 2008, 08:35:33 pm #16 Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 08:43:03 pm by cstb
Quote from: Blizzard on August 18, 2008, 07:25:03 pm
Don't worry about it. ^_^ It may be better if I made it myself after all.
I Dont Think Ive Seen A Event System Made By You...
EDIT: You Made Some Pretty Good Systems.I Never Looked at the author of the systems lol.

Final Fantasy 7

Blizzard

August 18, 2008, 08:54:57 pm #17 Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 08:56:09 pm by Blizzard
Lol, thanks. Those few that I posted are nothing compared to some of the systems my game features. i.e. one is a room that opens paths and moves walls when you trigger switches while you have to switch between 2 different characters. My most recent system (an interesting puzzle) for my game has actually a script as backbone because of the simplicity.
I might release my eating contest system as well later, I'll see.

Shadonking

i have a request.

its for blizz-abs.

i want a common event that when you enter enemy range or an enemy as notest you a battle bgm plays then when your out of range or the enemy is dead it goes back to the origial bgm.

i know there not hard to do but i can never get them to work when they may use parts of scripts to know what is happening (e.g. conditional branch: script: etc etc)

Creator Of Music And Games
]

keywords: ShowHide
rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

come here if you have a ps3
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1952.0

cstb

September 03, 2008, 06:07:17 am #19 Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 10:49:11 am by cstb
Quote from: cstb on August 17, 2008, 05:38:25 pm
Im new to chaos project and i saw some event systems and i need ideas for some so im taking requests!u can request anything event related. :haha:
EDIT: I have a event System For Jumping and one for airship coordinates is being made.Need ideas!But I Wont Take requests with scripts related sry.
Quote from: shadonking on September 01, 2008, 08:47:36 am
i have a request.

its forblizz-abs.

i want a common event that when you enter enemy range or an enemy as notest you a battle bgm plays then when your out of range or the enemy is dead it goes back to the origial bgm.

i know there not hard to do but i can never get them to work when they may use parts of scripts to know what is happening (e.g. conditional branch: script: etc etc)

Final Fantasy 7

nathmatt

i dont know if u even want the music change when u get close to an enemy but heres a demo just look at the event & variables on this demo
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IHT03FQI
credit to aqua & shdwlink1993 the helped me with the distance mini script with was used in this demo
with i will add to my abs ad on when i fix a few things
i added blabs sice thats what u were wanting it for
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script