[RESOLVED] Light follow the player

Started by Ryex, December 23, 2008, 11:27:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

December 23, 2008, 11:27:49 pm Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 01:01:21 pm by Ryexander
I swear I could remember a topic like this some where but I couldn't find it so I'll start a new one.

Is there a way to have the map really dark (like black or nearly inposabul to see and then have a light follow the player like their holding a lamp so they can see the map in their immediate area?
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Fantasist

That's as simple as using the "Show Picture" evetnt command :P Here:

Okay, that's my first try and it's not quite what I expected, but try it anyway. If you want to increase the radius, just zoom it.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Ryex

I thought about that but then I thought: what happens if the player reaches the edge of the map?
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Fantasist

December 24, 2008, 01:51:15 am #3 Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 02:07:54 am by Fantasist
Hm, that's simple. You just need a larger image and some more eventing. I'll try to do it now, hang on.

Here:

Now make a parallel process event and update the player position. Assign the player's screen X and screen Y to 2 variables. After that, update the image position.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Ryex

... oh ... I guess that I have a lot of eventing ahead of me... lol :P

Blizzard

Yeah, something like this happens when people don't name their topics appropriately. -_- Here you go:

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=694.0
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Hellfire Dragon

December 24, 2008, 08:24:04 am #6 Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 08:25:09 am by Hellfire Dragon
RMF used to have a tutorial on thios but since they moved (which was a while ago I think, I haven't been there in ages) the original creator(Fire29demon) didn't re-post it. I still have it though ;) Here's a download link,
Download Here - Sendspace