Your Life Here

Started by Blizzard, May 24, 2013, 03:45:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

Believe it or not caffeine is in the same category as asprin, it's literally just a don't fall asleep yet keep the blood flowing drug. I avoid the sugar/calorie filled caffeine sources best I can. I'm almost always using the sugar free or zero calorie options so I know it's not a sugar rush. And I'm not kidding when I say I've never had much of an effect at all from it. But starting about 2 weeks ago it was suddenly effective like nothing ever has been. Perhaps it's just waking me up enough that I can take full advantage of the medication. I was actually warned, now that I think about it, that the medication would boot the effects of caffeine. Which is odd as they have no official interactions.

However, to put this in perspective. Yesterday around 15:00 I started working on catch up of all my physics homework staring recent and working back. They are written assignments 4 (largely multi part)  questions a piece. The first one on magnetic fields and current. It included a AC generator problem. It took me till 21:30 to finish. That's 6 and a half hours. That length of focus has always been a struggle, normally I stop and browse email or the web in the middle. So the fact that it wasn't even a problem, didn't even get frustrated with the amount of time it was taking.

Then I went and followed it up with an all nighter of nothing but one assignment after another. I not happy I had to do it but it's a dam miracle I was able to focus that long without burning out.
In the last 7 days I've effectively been more productive than the entirety of the last 4 months.
I'm going to need to address the sleep problem soon though 4-5 isn't enough by a long shot.

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

That's fantastic! I'm glad things are finally working out for you. :)

Yeah, the sleep thing can be nasty. I just got out of a weird period where I had trouble sleeping all night even though I barely consumed any caffeine. I would go to sleep normally so that I can get 8 hours of sleep. But instead I'd wake up easily 7-8 times during the night being either thirsty or needing to go to the toilet. On top of that I would wake up an hour before my alarm usually goes off and then I couldn't fall asleep again. There was the daylight saving switch around that time, but the clock was moved one hour forward, not backward. #_#
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

well, It's kinda sorta official. for the first time in 4+ years, I've actually passed every class, I enrolled in!
kinda. I don't actually know the final grades in any of the classes but I have reason to suspect that two are passing and one is actually good. this... I.. I don't actually know how to feel about this.

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

Congratz! :D I'm really happy for you! :D
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

Quick update since I'm logged back on:

I spent about a year unemployed, during which I worked on various projects, goofed off, and sent in literally hundreds of job applications.  Finally found a good software job in North Carolina, of all places.  It's not game or graphics related, but it's with a small company and I get a lot of freedom of what to work on and my work has a sizable impact on the company as a whole.  Honestly it's way more fulfilling than either of the previous software jobs I had.  I'm still super lonely and trying to figure out how I fit in to society, but I'm hanging in there.  I've been working on a Terraria mod in my spare time and still do some game/app development, but haven't completed anything significant.

Good job turning things around Ryex!  Thanks for the birthday shouts everyone.

Wizered67

I hope things are going well for you all! It's cool hearing what everyone is up to so I figured I'd check in quickly.

I first came to this forum what seems like a ridiculously long time ago now desperate for help converting my first ever game into an MMO with RMX-OS. I had no programming experience but thanks to everyone's patience and support (Seriously, shoutout to Blizzard for being all around amazing and to Ryex for his support with his mouse menu script that first got me into scripting) I learned some scripting, started some projects, wrote some RMX-OS plugins, and overall made a ton of progress. This site is what got me into programming and game development and I'm super thankful for that.

Now, I'm in the middle of college pursuing a degree in Computer Science at a great school and doing a summer internship at a game related company (not working on the games but still awesome!) I love programming and am so happy I found this path. So seriously, thanks for being such a supportive community and helping me get started back in my middle school days. I'll be sure to stick around and check in every once and a while, as long as this great community stays around!