Chrono Trigger for the PC Released!

Started by Heretic86, February 27, 2018, 09:04:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Heretic86

https://www.bluesnews.com/s/188279/pc-chrono-trigger-released

QuoteSteam News announces SQUARE ENIX has decided it was time to pull the trigger on the unexpected release of CHRONO TRIGGER for Windows on Steam. They explain the surprise in this post, which also includes a launch trailer and details on a limited edition:

Here's a quick introduction to the story for you:

A chance encounter amid the festivities of Guardia's Millennial Fair in Leene Square introduces our young hero, Crono, to a girl by the name of Marle. Deciding to explore the fair together, the two soon find themselves at an exhibition of the Telepod, the latest invention by Crono's longtime friend Lucca. Marle, fearless and brimming with curiosity, volunteers to assist in a demonstration. An unanticipated malfunction, however, sends her hurtling through a rift in the dimensions. Taking hold of the girl's pendant, Crono bravely follows in pursuit. But the world into which he emerges is the one of four centuries before. Journey to the forgotten past, the distant future, and even to the very End of Time. The epic quest to save a planet's future makes history once again...

If you've had the pleasure of playing CHRONO TRIGGER before, then you'll be pleased to find out that this version includes animated cutscenes, as well as the Dimensional Vortex and Lost Sanctum dungeons from previous versions of the game. We've also updated the controls, graphics and sound to make this the definitive version of CHRONO TRIGGER!

Finally, there's also a Limited Edition available, you have until the 2nd of April 2018 to pick it up, and it includes the following bonus content:

• An enchanting and specially edited CHRONO TRIGGER medley consisting of 5 songs: Far Off Promise, Wind Scene, Battle with Magus, Corridors of Time and CHRONO TRIGGER.

• Composer Yasunori Mitsuda's digital liner notes.

• A collection of 6 stunning wallpapers for your PC (Sizes: 1024 x 768, 1280 x 1024, 1920 x 1080, 2560 x 1600).

Video Trailer here.

---

For those who dont know, Chrono Trigger is one of the best, if not THE best RPG of ALL TIME.  If you havent played it, and are at least a fan of JRPGs in general, I'd strongly encourage everyone who hasnt played this classic to pick this game up!
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

KK20

General consensus says this remake is absolute garbage.
Or one tweet summed up entirely: https://twitter.com/thatsmytrunks/status/968534206187008000

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Tazero

If you were a fish...

Blizzard

Yeah, I saw GAX's rant on FB as well. They ported an inferior mobile version and fucked up so hard that the touch controls are still visible. This is just lazy.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Heretic86

Thats a shame this version sucks.  Its been a very long time since Chrono Trigger has been given any attention at all.  I played the original SNES version as a kid and the PSX version (animated cutscenes) and have very fond memories of it.  Coming out with bad versions is just an injustice to fans everywhere.
Current Scripts:
Heretic's Moving Platforms

Current Demos:
Collection of Art and 100% Compatible Scripts

(Script Demos are all still available in the Collection link above.  I lost some individual demos due to a server crash.)

G_G

The DS port was good. Square Enix has been on this roll of porting all their games, some are really good, like the main PSX ones. VII, VIII, IX, X/X-2, and XII. And I have high hopes for XV after playing the demo. But then they're taking their older games they've ported to mobile, bring those exact mobile ports to PC and leaving them as is. I understand you have to get a little creative with a mobile port since its touch screen and all, but when you're carrying it over to PC that UI and Font they've consistently used looks awful. It really is a damn shame.