[XP] Multiple MESSAGE WINDOWS at once? [KINDA SOLVED]

Started by Lonelyafman, April 08, 2018, 08:50:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonelyafman

April 08, 2018, 08:50:18 pm Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 07:22:15 pm by Lonelyafman
yes, i've read this thread:
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=5907.0
and tried out the appropiately named Multiple Message Windows script there
but that script is super long and detailed and very oriented towards making speech bubbles.

is there really no other way to just show 2 or more windows at once (only one active, of course)?
i'm trying to make a custom battle system similar to classic pokemon (1 text window, 1 command window), but the AMS script, as far as I know, does not allow it.

eventing?
editing the Window_ classes?
script calls?

what do i do?
many thanks in advance.

KK20

I don't think any message window script will help you out here. This sounds way too custom that it needs to be its own script.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Lonelyafman

Well, thank you very much anyway.
I've come up with a workaround which is replacing the inactive window with an identical-looking picture. ill put it here in case it's useful to someone

first the player reads text on a message window and sees a picture of choices next to it.
when they press SPACE, the window changes size + position, and shows choices instead. a picture of an empty window takes its original place.
and when the player selects a choice in the now legit choice window, its size and position changes back and it shows relevant text. the picture of choices returns.

repeat ad nauseum