Once Upon the Woods (One map event entry)

Started by Starmage, May 10, 2018, 10:33:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Starmage

May 10, 2018, 10:33:53 am Last Edit: March 07, 2023, 04:01:06 am by Starmage

Hi guys! Once Upon the Woods is my entry submission for the One Map Challenge event being held at Rpgmaker.web. :) It is a very short and simple RPG that features the story of Hansel and Gretel, an old fairy-tale that we have all heard. This game is sort of like my high-fantasy take on the story. ^_^ I hope that you enjoy! :)

Spoiler: ShowHide
Once upon a time in a faraway forest, there lived a poor family that has two twin children: Hansel and Gretel. The twins' parents have been in an economic struggle for a very long time, and they decided to take the twins out in the woods to abandon them and free themselves from the burden of feeding the twins. Fortunately, Hansel left a trail of white stones from where they left which helped them return home, but, the Mother was angered with their return and decided to take the twins out on the woods again to abandon them once more. With Hansel leaving behind a trail of breadcrumbs, will this help them find their way back home again?

Gretel:
The girl of the twins, Gretel is a timid and shy girl who has an optimistic outlook on life. She's easily frightened but is always determined to see her and her brother's dreams fulfilled. She has learned magic from secretly reading their mother's books on witchcraft and wizardry. Gretel specializes mostly in healing and light magic.

Hansel:
The boy of the twins, Hansel is a brave and caring boy who is very protective of her sister. He has a strong sense of justice and is the one who has overheard their parents talking about their abandonment. Hansel has learned the way of the sword by finding his father's old battle equipment. Hansel specializes in tanking incoming damage and dealing physical damage.

Features:

- Very short and sweet
- Challenging, strategic and engaging battles
- Beautiful fairy-tale-esque artworks
- Beautiful Celtic music

Credits:

Plugins:

Moghunter
Yanfly
SumRndmDde
Tsukimi
DEGICA Co., LTD
Enterbrain

Music:

Bitter Sweet Entertainment, Inc.
DEGICA Co., LTD
Enterbrain

Graphics:

Andy Chen
Loose Leaf
Moghunter
Yanfly
JosephSeraph
Milano Cat
Derex
Hiddenone
KADOKAWA, INC.
DEGICA Co., LTD
Enterbrain

Starmage

Hi everyone! Here's a new poster for Once Upon the Woods, my game entry for the RMW One Map challenge! A Hansel and Gretel-inspired game. Once again with the help of Leonardo A.I. art generator, photoshopped + put together by me! Hope you like it! ^_^ <3

You can download original large image here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/f2fm5z5xsm3zsti/Once+upon+the+woods+poster+Large.png/file