RMMV - Galv Map Projectiles Help - Several Questions

Started by mobiusclimber, May 16, 2018, 03:09:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mobiusclimber

Hopefully someone can walk me through this so I can see what I'm doing wrong. To start with, I can't get enemies to die when hit. They don't have the tag that makes them impervious. Not really sure what I'm doing wrong. I did change the variable number in the plugin, but for the most part, I just copied all the code out of the demo while making small changes. For instance, I just used premade animations instead of making new ones (I will at some point, I just wanted to get things set up first). Is there another place where I need to change the variable number besides in the plugin itself? Or is it something else? Am I using the wrong code for the "custom move" in the event itself? Which leads me to my next question...

How do I set it up so that the enemies both shoot projectiles and move towards the player. I'm trying to set up a horizontal shmup and don't want all/most of the enemies to be stationary.

On a similar note, how do I make it so that the player can only shoot in one direction, straight ahead, regardless of which direction is pushed. (The player ship's sprite always looks ahead regardless of which direction it is pushed in.)

Sorry if these are all simple things that I just am too n00b to understand. I don't know Javascript (or any scripting language) so parts of this plugin are tough for me to really understand.

G_G

You are better off asking for help from the creator of the script. While this community here does what it can to help, we are primarily RMXP users. Few of us have used and played around with MV but not enough to help with other people's scripts.

RPG Maker Web Forums is going to be your best bet to get help with this. And asking in the thread of the script creator itself might help too.

I noticed the creator has a demo and I'm sure you have already looked through it and played with it, but I would always recommend going back and seeing how things were accomplished in it.

QuoteOn a similar note, how do I make it so that the player can only shoot in one direction, straight ahead, regardless of which direction is pushed. (The player ship's sprite always looks ahead regardless of which direction it is pushed in.)

Have you tried using Direction Fix already? This is the only thing I can think of without looking at the demo or playing around with it.

mobiusclimber

OK thanks, I'll try asking over there. I wasn't sure if you guys were mostly XP or a little bit of everything, and I did see some MV forums so kinda figured I'd just post on here since everyone's been welcoming and helpful. I did download the demo, it's basically the only reason I was able to implement as much of it as I was. When I first looked at it and read the help blurb in the plugin, I couldn't make heads or tails of how to set everything up.