The Legend of Lexima IV - Chaos Project Beta!

Started by Blizzard, August 18, 2008, 08:42:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

August 18, 2008, 08:42:55 pm Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 07:24:49 am by Blizzard

Common Information

Chaos Project has entered beta stage. This means the full first 50% of the game and the rest of the story. The cities in the other 50% will have little to no NPCs except for the most necessary (inn, shop, savepoint) and it will not have the 4 secret dungeons. You will get the 4 secret dungeons later during the development as an upgrade. Here is the game topic:

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=31.0

You will be provided with enhanced debugging tools, save games and full information support about how and what to test.

What's in for you?

You will:

• get credited as beta tester

• get the "full" game before everybody else

• get the unencrypted game

• get to peek into the scripts editor and see the massive custom scripts of Chaos Project

• get to play the conclusive story before everybody else does

Progress

Chaos Project Beta could be done in the next month, the signups for beta testing are now open. The current progress:

• Chaos Project Beta 1: 100%

• Chaos Project RC: 99%

• Chaos Project Full Game: 98%

Version Information

• Beta 1 can be considered 90% of the game, RC is considered 99% of the game.

• Beta 1 features the full story and completely finished planet Arthia. There are no secret dungeons, no NPCs in the cities on Kadro (except the critical ones) and no minigames and side-quests in the cities.

• Beta 2 features the additional secret dungeons, all minigames and all side quests.

• Full Game has all NPCs in the cities, is beta tested and has English AND German language settings.

• An English-only version might be released before the actual Full Game.

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

GAX

I guess I'll sign up, I was in on the last beta and I've got an unencrypted version already o.o

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Starrodkirby86

Hmm...what's the catch? A high expectation from the almighty Blizzard? Nah, I'm just kidding around, I understand why you want this after all, especially from the time frame. Sure, I'll apply. Let me just whip up an application.

Name: Starrodkirby86
RPG Making Skill:  Not too shabby, fair, nice.
Particular Skill:  Probably story, but I'm a balanced guy.
Credentials?: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=31.msg8850#msg8850
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1014.msg23806#msg23806
Give me a job relating to game-play, I'll be able to go for it. My strongest point would be able to finding writing related errors, as the English language is a specialty of mine. ^_^ More to come whenever...if you need any details/tests don't hesitate Blizzard.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Chaze007

Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

Vell

Sure I'll signup, just tell me what needs doin :D

legacyblade

I'll signup too. I'm great at finding bugs, XD

G_G

Can I sign up? I'm not good at finding script bugs but on event bugs I'm good with that. I'm also good with fixing event bugs with your permission of course. And another reason I want to sign up, nobody on any forum has ever needed me for something so this would be fun for me! Please sign me up!

Aqua

I'll sign up too.  ^.^

If I'm lucky with finding bugs in your game as I am with Blizz-ABS... then... this should be fun ;)

Juan

Dropbox Who need luck when you can make your own.
3ds Friend code: ShowHide
 4468 1422  6617

shdwlink1993

I note that you somehow forgot to put me on the list for some reason, so just to make sure... :P
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

Blizzard

August 19, 2008, 04:51:52 am #10 Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 04:56:08 am by Blizzard
I basically put everybody on the list who posted here asking to be added there. xD

The main testing will work that way that you simply have to play the game. All error messages will be automatically logged, you can add comments on them. There will be additional testing jobs like excessive minigame testing, puzzle testing, etc. Unlike the beta test for the Final Demo, you will not have to rate bosses and dungeons yourself. There will be a logger which will log how many EXP you gained, how many gold you gained, how long it took you, how often you entered a room, how long it took you to solve puzzles, how many battles you had, how many battles you fled, how long it took you to kill the boss, which attacks the boss used, which attacks you used, how much damage you have done, how many items and which items you have used, etc. You can add a comment at the end of it and that's it. :)

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

August 19, 2008, 05:02:43 am #11 Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 05:11:02 am by Fantasist
Haha! Finally! Sign me up and I'll try not to dissappoint you!

Name: Fantasist
RPG Maker Credentials: ~Intermediate RGSS knowledge, Basic event systems and basic-intermediate graphic skills

EDIT:

QuoteYou will be provided with enhanced debugging tools, save games and full information support about how and what to test.

QuoteThe main testing will work that way that you simply have to play the game. All error messages will be automatically logged, you can add comments on them. There will be additional testing jobs like excessive minigame testing, puzzle testing, etc. Unlike the beta test for the Final Demo, you will not have to rate bosses and dungeons yourself. There will be a logger which will log how many EXP you gained, how many gold you gained, how long it took you, how often you entered a room, how long it took you to solve puzzles, how many battles you had, how many battles you fled, how long it took you to kill the boss, which attacks the boss used, which attacks you used, how much damage you have done, how many items and which items you have used, etc. You can add a comment at the end of it and that's it.

Wow, that's a whole lot of information you're gathering!
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Blizzard

There was a big disappointment during the beta testing of the Final Demo. Many people singed up but only two sent me a report in the end. -_- This is why I will make an autologger this time. You can only add a comment or two to a boss or a dungeon, that's all.

Lost_Hope

August 20, 2008, 08:38:36 am #13 Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 04:43:08 pm by Blizzard
I WANT TO! I finally played them demo and it is amazing...

EDIT: so you mean, my game progress and everyting will be logged?

man, this sounds more challegning than i thought

by Blizz: Modify button, Lost. ;)

Blizzard

Yes. As good as anything that will help me evaluate the game's difficulty and playability will be logged. :) Testing a boss a couple of times myself is good, but having somebody else test it who doesn't know his weaknesses is invaluable information. xD

Vell

indeed. *sits and waits* I may have to employ the tactic I never used. grinding.

Starrodkirby86

Grinding isn't hard, it's even better when you have something do while grinding. What you need is patientence though. By the way Blizzard, how is the log produced, and it's not sent to you directly obviously?  :huh: The whole log idea is really awesome too.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Blizzard

It will be saved all into one file. When you're done, just send me the file. If you don't send me the file, I will assume that it doesn't exist and not credit you as beta tester. :P

Stealth

Have Lexima, will debug. ^^

Dev experience (as Blizz is already aware) - several years of developing and debugging various game mods (amongst the most developed - X2 The Threat - Firelance mod).

Blizzard

Yeah, Stealth found a few nasty bugs which happened due to changes in the system but no full update in the events. >:3