The Legend of Lexima IV - Chaos Project Beta!

Started by Blizzard, August 18, 2008, 08:42:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Starrodkirby86

Would bugs be included in the log so we don't need to comment them in the log itself? It would seriously make Beta Testing way easier. By that, a bug of it can be minor (Like a passability error) to something large (A huge AI failure or an inaccessible area thanks to the failure).

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Blizzard

No, there will be no error log out of good reason. It's hard to log all the data related to the bug and decipher it while it's much easier for a human being to tell me "it happened when I killed an Ember Giant with the Unity Force Halo of the Sun". Also, there's no way I could log graphical glitches or other bugs that don't cause crashes.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Diokatsu

I'd like to test if thats all right :p

I'd love to get to see the rest of the story and I'd rather enjoy being useful for once.

idk you can ignore me if you feel like it xD cause I know I'm not quite the helpful little elf compared to linky and 'Qua

Blizzard

No, Dio, just your playing and logging through the auto-logger will already be a big help for me. :)

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Diokatsu

Well then I'll be glad to play 3 hours a day. God knows I'm not gonna waste that time doing summer reading *cough cough*(maybe i will do SOME reading) Thanks for the opportunity. I'm sexcited cause I adore CP -- Final Demo and this is some more story.

Lost_Hope

August 21, 2008, 05:21:01 pm #25 Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 05:57:11 pm by Blizzard
you said we would get a sneak preview into the scripts...does that mean we will be able to use them?

EDIT: NVM, when i read unencrypted version, I got the idea.

*Blizzard points to modify button*

Blizzard

August 21, 2008, 05:58:06 pm #26 Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 06:23:15 pm by Blizzard
Yes, you will have all the scripts that Chaos Project uses. Of course you won't be able to use any because they are deeply merged into Chaos Project and they don't work outside of it. ;)

EDIT: I added some more information in the first post. Watch the percents increase over the next weeks. >:3

Zeriab

Well then, one just have to unmerge them  :evil:

Can I beta as well? <_< >_>

Blizzard

Fantasist

QuoteCan I beta as well? <_< >_>

As I gather, Zeriab catches bugs which are very elusive, right?
*powers up Zeriab for his awesomeness... again <3*
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Zeriab

Who knows... :3
Though that reminds me.
Blizz, are you using more than one thread?
If so then I am afraid I will withdraw from the beta.
I hate testing in multi-threaded enviroments ;_;

Chaze007

btw sexy *rubs blizz's back* don't forget to change my name on the list to Chaze007 :]
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

Blulightning

If you don;t have enough already, I'd like to beta test, as you know, I'm still learning more about RMXP (11 Messages, so sorry!!) and I think testing would do me some good.

Memor-X

August 26, 2008, 12:31:52 am #33 Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 01:19:12 am by Memor-X
i wouldn't mind signing up, Chaos Project would have to be my favorite game on PC which i don't run on EPSXE

Blizzard

Update, the progress has been edited. I have completely finished chapter 6 and have only a few maps sets left to do. I only need to test the battle against Rivy once more.

Quote from: Zeriab on August 25, 2008, 06:06:00 am
Who knows... :3
Though that reminds me.
Blizz, are you using more than one thread?
If so then I am afraid I will withdraw from the beta.
I hate testing in multi-threaded enviroments ;_;

Of course not. :P I hate testing them, too. xD

Quote from: Blulightning on August 25, 2008, 10:16:20 pm
If you don;t have enough already, I'd like to beta test, as you know, I'm still learning more about RMXP (11 Messages, so sorry!!) and I think testing would do me some good.

Sure. It will improve your knowledge a lot. *adds Blulightning*

Quote from: Memor-X on August 26, 2008, 12:31:52 am
i wouldn't mind signing up, Chaos Project would have to be my favorite game on PC which i don't run on EPSXE

*adds Memor-X*

*runs away to test the battle with Rivy once more* ;_;

Zeriab

I didn't think so, but I just wanted to be sure  :^_^':

Blizzard

Shining Riku

Heya!  :hi:
Are you still taking testers? I'm interested! I played the demo...and what bit i've played I was very impressed with! I wanna help too!

Blizzard

Sure thing. The more testers, the better. :D I'll add you to the list.

Shining Riku

Ok, I believe I finished the demo. Very good game...

I'm not sure how good I am at discovering glitches, which I'm happy to say hasn't happened yet, but if you value basic info like you said that report log thing tells you, then I'll definitely send it in. I really wanna help out, but I think the glitch part is something somebody else will have to do...............heh.................... :^_^':

Seriously, i'm sorry about it, but i'll do all that i'm able. Just ask, and i'll see what i CAN do. :)