The Legend of Lexima IV - Chaos Project Beta!

Started by Blizzard, August 18, 2008, 08:42:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Xuroth

I can only test 3 days of the week, due to my work schedule, but im up for nearly 72 hours straight those days. I could make some headway. May I please be signed up?

Shin Migumi

Blizzard

July 21, 2009, 08:43:50 am #222 Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 08:45:45 am by Blizzard
I'm not saying that you have to dedicate your entire life to testing the game. xD
It would be nice if it can be done within 2 weeks. That makes about one and a half hours per day which I don't think is really a problem to come up with. Sadly some most people haven't done a thing for 3 months. :/
I'll add you two to the list.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Kagutsuchi

Ohh well, I guess I'll give it a shot. Sign me up for it.

Subsonic_Noise

Please sign me up, too. I have nearly nothing to do and I think I could learn alot of this^^

Blizzard

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

I cant believe I have to start all over again for the 6th time >_> lol

starting on it now

Blizzard

Why? Do you keep deleting your save files? xD

Subsonic_Noise

It's a bit hard sometimes... I think it should automatically save after the intro. And perhaps a few more savepoints?
But that's probably not what I should pay attention to.^^

Blizzard

July 27, 2009, 06:13:23 am #229 Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 06:14:51 am by Blizzard
I pretty much use a specific system. For medium and short dungeons there is one savepoint at the end. If there is a boss, the savepoint is right before the boss. For larger dungeons USUALLY there are two savepoints. One is just like for the smaller dungeons, another one is at another specific point.

Reeva Cave: small, before the boss
Forest of Illusions: rather small, before the boss
Giada Castle (including Echo Cave): rather large, one at the entrance of the castle, the other before the boss
Great Marsh: medium, before the boss
Lorence Cave: very small (2 maps), no savepoint
Lorence Castle: medium, one before boss, another at optional boss (I wouldn't have set this one up if there was no optional boss)
Krato Mine: medium, no savepoint because you can return to Vendetta
Krato Mountains: medium, before the boss
Ghost Ship: very small (4 maps), no save point
Adel Tower: medium, outside of the tower, before the boss
Katana Desert: small, in the center at the oasis
Ice Temple (including Silent Forest and Ice Cavern): large, after Silent Forest, during 4-switch puzzle in the center, before the boss
Tower of Memories: small-medium (will be medium or medium-large later), before the boss
Cravgon: medium-large, at the entry / before the boss, you can always return to the savepoint, it's 3 maps from the center map where you walk around often
Molasta Pass: medium, before the boss
Termina Sewers: medium, at entry / before the boss
Ember Volcano: large, before the boss (I agree, another savepoint here might not be such a bad idea)
Andras Temple: large, before the boss (maybe another savepoint on top might not be such a bad idea here as well)
Mandora Dungeons: medium, no battles, still at entry
Mountains of Slumber: medium, before the boss
Crios (Island + Depths): large, one at transition between Island and Depths and before the boss
Genesis Dome: large, one at the top where a nasty puzzle is (halfway) and one before the boss
Unitopia Underground 1: small-medium, at the beginning
Luvia Underground: medium, no save point as I didn't want players to get stuck while being too weak
Thirsty Dunes: medium, one right before a nasty/dangerous puzzle and one before the boss
Unitopia Underground 2: medium, one at the beginning and one before the boss
Hyperion: gigantic, 5 save points scattered throughout the entire ship, one at each deck covering all bosses and two in between

I should probably add another one in Ember Volcano and in Andras Temple.
And maybe I'll add one when you start the game. But it would be kinda awkward because I'll maybe have to restructure some maps (again). :/ I'll think about it.

G_G

Quote from: Blizzard on July 27, 2009, 03:31:48 am
Why? Do you keep deleting your save files? xD

I actually beat it the first time starting it over the 4th time. Thats when I erased it not having any idea when to turn in the log.
The first 3 times I started ended up in a hard drive format. The 5th time ended up in a hard drive format as well.

I'm going to make backups now. I'll play CP off my flash drive

Blizzard

July 28, 2009, 03:19:59 am #231 Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 02:50:38 pm by Blizzard
Lol! I hope nothing bad happens this time. It might help if you don't play it for a month, but instead finish the game in, let's say, 3 or 4 days. xD

EDIT: Beta 2 is now done 96%. The most work that needs to be done includes the secret dungeons (and their puzzles) and sidequests and minigames on Kadro. If you guys are lucky, I can get it done within the next month. I doubt it, but it's possible.

EDIT: Small change. Instead of Beta 2 it's RC and it's now 98% of the full game (Beta 2 was originally supposed to be 95%). This fact does not mean that the release will be postponed. It rather means that I realized that "Beta 2" was just a tested Beta 1 with the few additions and polishments that need to be tested to be sure everything is working fine. :P
I am very confident that RC will be released before Christmas and there is a slight chance that it will be released during November. RC testing will be 1 month only. That means that Chaos Project is coming closer to an actual release date of the full game.

Blizzard

November 24, 2009, 07:27:58 am #232 Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 07:34:08 am by Blizzard
Alright, I have just removed a bunch of people from the beta tester list. Why? They weren't doing anything. If YOU are among those people and want to resume testing, you have to ask for a sign up again.
RC will be released very soon (probably before Christmas) and I'd like a few people to check if everything is alright with the game. The only people who are still beta testers are those who already fulfilled their part (or quite a bit of work beyond beta testing without fulfilling the beta tester tasks) and are going to be credited.

GAX

For the RC, I'll be playing from the beginning (rather than use my savefile that's right before Nemesis XD).

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Blizzard

Actually I require people to play from the beginning. xD And you'll the actual RC. That means fully encrypted, ready for release. I'll also need somebody for map testing because nobody did it during Beta.

Jragyn

Err, I know its been a while in regards to beta and whatnot, surely the game must be almost done by now?

If its not, I'd be glad to give my 'testing' efforts and crappy criticism in your favor, Mister Blizzard.

Just tell me what you need me to do, and I'll see it done :D

--JeR
A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?

Aqua

Blizzard