The Legend of Lexima IV - Chaos Project Beta!

Started by Blizzard, August 18, 2008, 08:42:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

It's easy. If you find a bug or notice some unusual behavior of enemies/actors during battle, just send me a PM and that's it. It's really not difficult.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Shining Riku

No problem. That's more than easy. So far, I haven't seen anything odd. To my best knowledge, there isn't anything wrong with the bosses. Then again, i've only played through it once. I'll go through it again, if that helps. :D

Just a question, what's the best way to send the report/log thing? How do I do that to begin with? I know my way around computers well, i just need a point in the direction, that's all. :)

Blizzard

When you get a crash, just type down the error message and send me the message telling me what you were doing when it happened.

Quote from: ExampleI got an error message:

"Could not find file Graphics/Battlers/reaper48"

It happened when Sydon activated the ability "Devas Dragon" and was about to transform into Devas when the game crashed. The crash happened exactly when his sprite was invisible and before it was changed to the dragon's sprite.

I encountered this problem today and this is how I would have reported the bug if the developer was somebody else and not me. xD

And yeah, each playing through will be logged and I will be able to review the data from your playings. I will be able to make a statistic and make a judgement about how hard/easy the game is and adjust it. But you don't have to worry about that. All you have to do is playing, I will add a couple of logger scripts that will do the job. When you have finished the game, you simply have to send me the resulting file that will be named GameXXXXXX.dat where XXXXXX is the ID of the game you run. Each time you start a new game, a random ID between 000000 and 999999 will be assigned to your game so I know that I'm not evaluating some data twice. I'll give you all more details when I send you the beta.

I should be done with some more testing tonight so the progress will be 89%. :)

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Memor-X

just wondering Blizzard, will you be sending us a PM with the download link or an e-mail with the program attached to it

Blizzard

August 31, 2008, 08:23:10 pm #44 Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 05:26:25 pm by Blizzard
The former. The information will be posted here. I will edit the first post for that.

EDIT: OMG, Beta 1 is 90% done! :D

Diokatsu

Beta is almost done?! OMFG I am so syked I think I'm gonna go eat ice cream till it opens xD

tSwitch

alright, I'm working faster than I thought on my CSS, so I'll sign up for this since I have the time :)

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Blizzard

Well, technically I need at least 20 more days of pretty hard work. =/

tSwitch

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Blizzard

No, it's great. That I can get the first beta done in such a short time is great. The problem is that college starts on monday which means less time for the game. =/

In any case the game's now 81% done and the first beta 91%. <3

EDIT: Ok, I have good news and bad news. The good news are that the beta is almost done by 92% and that it should take around 2 weeks to get done. The bad news is that I have to delay this because of personal issues (need to find a new flat >_> and a job). I HOPE that it will not take longer than 6 weeks. Stay tuned.

Diokatsu

I'll wait as long as it takes. The screens show the sweet improvements which I look forward too!

Zeriab

blibla48

Blizzard

Shining Riku

Sorry to hear about your house and job, Blizz. I hope everything gets fixed soon, and good luck!

Blizzard

October 22, 2008, 03:09:35 pm #55 Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 03:11:04 pm by Blizzard
It already got. I found a new flat close to the college. Now I have 2 hours more each day. I also got a job. I get payed honararry. That means I get pay as much as I work, it's perfect for me, especially because of my "working hours".

EDIT: Now it's at 83%. Chaos Project has now more than 660 maps, BTW. :naughty:

cstb

Quote from: Blizzard on October 22, 2008, 03:09:35 pm
It already got. I found a new flat close to the college. Now I have 2 hours more each day. I also got a job. I get payed honararry. That means I get pay as much as I work, it's perfect for me, especially because of my "working hours".

EDIT: Now it's at 83%. Chaos Project has now more than 660 maps, BTW. :naughty:
If its not too late...Count me in!I have little scripting knowledge but I might be able to help with them!And I can fix events you made mistakes on.
Chronos: Failed project due to loss of data.
Maybe I could try again...

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

Blizzard

Reporting is enough, you don't have to fix anything. :) I'll add you to the list.

Tanklinbitz

If you still need beta testers, I'd like to sign up.

Blizzard

October 25, 2008, 07:09:47 pm #59 Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 11:17:37 am by Blizzard
Sure. I'm just not sure when it will be done. I'm trying my best to get it done as fast (and good) as I can.

EDIT: 84% now, more than 700 maps. >:3