Game development

Started by JesseVoss, June 23, 2018, 02:16:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JesseVoss

June 23, 2018, 02:16:53 am Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 02:47:38 am by JesseVoss
Hi,

I'm new on this forum so if moderators consider that this thread should be in other subforum feel free to move it.As the title says I want to create native games for the Raspberry Pi Zero. In fact I would like to build a portable console using the Pi Zero and play my own 2D games on the go.I have experience making games using engines like unity. I also built my own engine for windows and Linux in the past, so it's not a matter of how to create games but how to build properly for the Pi.I recently discovered PyGame but it seems too constrained for me, so I don't know if it's the best tool for the job.So the question is: what is the best approach to build 2D games for the Pi? Using PyGame, some game engine (you name it) or maybe building natively for Debian and try to run it on the pi (I don't have the Pi yet and don't know if it's as simple as that)? Please take into account that I would like to use Pi's OpenGL capabilities and as much power as I can get from it.
On the other hand, if creating native Linux games is the solution maybe I could try to adapt my engine to the pi, but surely there is a good game engine that supports the Pi.

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=170985
motion graphics video quote

Thanks!

KK20

No one here uses Java (we all hate it)

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!