Blizz-ABS Mouse Control?

Started by mobiusclimber, July 01, 2018, 01:51:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mobiusclimber

Could someone possibly walk me through, step by step, what I need to do to get mouse control with Blizz-ABS? I've tried to figure it out but I just can't. There are two different scripts that have to do with mouse control but I don't know which to use or how to use them, since they both say they require something else to work and I end up just going around in circles trying to figure it out. What do I need? How do I get it working? I found a script for a mouse, but it doesn't seem to work for much beyond selecting from a menu.

KK20

You need both of them. I'm assuming you are talking about Blizzard's mouse controller and nathmatt's mouse movement. Blizzard's script should be placed above nathmatt's. Then follow the script order detailed here
https://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,23.0.html

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

mobiusclimber

OIC, thanks for the clarification! I actually missed the blizz mouse script even tho I already had installed it before.  :facepalm: I found two different scripts that make use of it, so I was just really confused and thought the mouse function was in the ABS and I just couldn't figure out where to configure it. (I was using a different mouse script earlier but it wasn't compatible with the ABS, so I kinda thought that's what I still had installed and that's why it wasn't working.)

I do have a couple other questions:

1) How do I configure it so that when I mouse over an enemy, the cursor will change to a sword icon. I have the icon ready to go, and I see in the instructions to use "\cursor[graphic]" but... where do I put that?

2) How do I get pixel movement to work? As it is, the actor keeps bumping into invisible borders. Also, how can I get the roots of the leafless tree to look right when the actor walks over them? They're either floating in front of him, or else he's standing on top of part of the tree trunk.

3) Is there something special I need to do to get a very large graphic to move? I have this huge ship I want to have move across the water, but I can only get the very bow to show up and then it stops.

KK20

1. You add that to the event's name (e.g. EV001 \curser[sword_icon]). And yes, it is "curser" for whatever reason. If you want to fix that, locate this area in nathmatt's script

if @event.name.clone.gsub!(/\\[Cc]urser\[(.+?)\]/) {"#[$1]"}

and change the e to o

2. Can't really help you there without some kind of demo.

3. Not sure what you're talking about here. Is the ship a character graphic?

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!