A Maiden's Ballad

Started by Starmage, July 12, 2018, 03:30:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Starmage

July 12, 2018, 03:30:30 am Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 10:09:19 pm by Starmage

Spoiler: ShowHide
A Maiden's Ballad is a short RPG that I made as entry to RMN's Theme Roulette Event, where each participant are given a random theme to make an RPG maker game out of. I got the word "Passion", which allowed me to create this RPG. Hopefully, the game will do the word justice as you play it.

Cecilia Ashenhurst, an aspiring musician and harpist, has decided to go on a journey to the Harmonica at the capital city of Rainsville. The Harmonica is an organization that helps musicians publish their music and make them known throughout the world. Cecilia, along with her childhood friends: Yolanda Vladimir and Nathan Scollfyld, ventures forth to Rainsville. Along the way, the trio faces difficult and dangerous circumstances. Will Cecilia and her friends become successful in realizing their dreams and passion?

Name: Cecilia Ashenhurst
Zodiac: Sagittarius
Description: Cecilia is a harpist who always had great passion for music ever since she was a child. Cecilia is a very passionate and free-spirited individual. She likes to mingle with her friends and go on exciting adventures wherever they may be. Despite knowing that their journey to Rainsville is going to be dangerous, Cecilia is still eager to go, for, her fiery soul cannot be tamed.

Name: Yolanda Vladimir
Zodiac: Aries
Description: Yolanda is an apprentice sorceress who's also one of Cecilia's childhood friends. Yolanda is a very logical, competitive and goal-oriented girl. Yolanda is always ready to go wherever adventure awaits them. Though she can be quite frank and tactless towards her friends sometimes, her intentions are actually meant to motivate them into becoming driven individuals who aims high.

Name: Nathan Scollfyld
Zodiac: Leo
Description: Nathan is a hardworking lumberjack who's also one of Cecilia's childhood friends. Nathan is a very confident, energetic and outgoing young man who's always up for grand adventures. Despite his rough demeanor, Nathan is actually very warm and compassionate in nature, he just doesn't show it much.

Features:

- 3 hours of gameplay

- Beautiful Time Fantasy graphics

- Fun and engaging atb battles

- Colorful and sweet cast of characters

- Immersive dungeon atmospheres and music

Credits:

Graphics:

Jason Perry
whtdragon
hian
Moghunter
Pentagon Buddy
Cooltext.com
DEGICA
Enterbrain, Inc.

Music:

YouFulca/Wingless Seraph
Amélie Guiboux
Terry Bradley
FredFluteMUSIC
Frontier Works, Inc.
Bitter Sweet Entertainment, Inc.
Archeia
EvilEagles
Tobby Ong
Caz
DEGICA
Enterbrain, Inc.

Plugins:

Yanfly
Moghunter
SumRndmDde
DEGICA
Enterbrain, Inc.

Hope you all enjoy! ^_^

Starmage

July 13, 2018, 03:59:43 am #1 Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 06:11:10 am by Starmage
Hello everyone!! Here's an early update for the game to fix some issues that were found by Berry while she was playing the game during its recent release. :)

A Maiden's Ballad version 1.5:

Changes:

- Adjusted the Underground Passage walls' tile count to a more appropriate height.

- Fixed some tile-set issues found in the Underground Passage.

- Fixed a few typos found in the game.

- Enemies in the earlier dungeons have been adjusted to be more tolerable and beatable enough without being too easy nor difficult. Grinding factor has been kept.

- Enemies in the Underground Passage now gives a slight increase in EXP gain and gold drops, allowing room for grinding if necessary.

- A few lines in the ending has been added.

- Oranges and Grapes now heals 25% more, while the price remains the same.

Hope you guys enjoy! ^_^

Blizzard

Day 1 patches happen to me all the time as well. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Starmage

Hahaha! Indeed, Blizzard!! XDD I thought everything was good to go, but then bugs crawl out of nowhere. :( X(( I'm sure there could probably still some bugs that I did not find in the new patch. xPP

Blizzard

It's like when you want to show somebody a feature. The moment you start it up, the craziest bugs start to happen, lol!
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Starmage

I know right? XDD :D It's crazy cause you're even excited for it, and you're like "Why did I only find this the moment I decide to release it?" xPPP

Starmage

Hello guys!! Here's another update that is aimed at more fixes and a minor feature that some might find handy! ;)

A Maiden's Ballad V2.0:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/sye9911b7nkazgj/A%20Maiden%27s%20Ballad%20V2.0.rar

Changes:

- Fixed some tile issues found at the Jungle.

- Fixed some tile issues found at the Mountain.

- Fixed some more typos.

- Added a Rest option on every bed in Cecilia's home.

- Fixed a blocked path towards a certain chest in the Underground Passage. (now it is accessible)

Starmage

Hi everyone! Here's a new poster I did for A Maiden's Ballad, my entry game for the RMN Theme Roulette event! With the help once again of Leonardo A.I. art generator! Photoshopped + put together by me! Hope you like it! <3 ^_^

You can get the original large file here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/bbstp4ru118d2zi/A+Maiden's+Ballad+poster+Large.png/file