Elf's Dairy (Completed)

Started by Starmage, February 22, 2018, 02:29:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Starmage

February 22, 2018, 02:29:13 am Last Edit: March 06, 2023, 08:01:47 am by Starmage

Spoiler: ShowHide
Hello guys! In God's goodness, here's another short 2 hours long RMVXace game that I made while I paused development on Rave Heart for a while. xD This short is made as an entry for the RPG maker 28th birthday, Full game category. :) I really enjoyed making this game and I sure hope that you guys will also enjoy playing it. ^_^

In the isolated town of Karonna, there was a young boy named Faint. Born as a half-Elf, half-Fairy, his compassionate nature lead him to dream of serving the people of Karonna. With the assistance of his friends, Rue and Kailah, he forms his own guild.

With monsters attacking the people of Karonna continuously, Faint's new guild is put to the test. Can they prove their worth to the mayor, and overcome this challenge? What other challenges could await them?

Playable Characters:

Name: Faint
Zodiac: Leo
Description: Faint is a young Fairy Elf who has always dreamed of being in service to the people of Karonna. He's a very kind and gentle being, very innocent, even. Unfortunately, there are a few people in Karonna who likes to bully and mistreat Faint just because he is born different. Do not be fooled by his harmless demeanor though, as Faint is actually a skilled fighter and healer who's very dedicated in protecting the innocents.

Name: Kailah
Zodiac: Virgo
Description: Kailah is one of Faint's childhood friends. She joins Faint on his quest to building a guild dedicated in protecting the town. Kailah is a very charming, straight-forward and systematic young lady. She is highly skilled in magic.

Name: Rue
Zodiac: Aquarius
Description: Rue is one of Faint's childhood friends. He is an adventurous spirit who immediately joined Faint on his quest to protecting the town with their new found guild. Rue is a good friend to Faint, but is quite known for his temper. He can be emo and dark at times, too. He is very independent, though.

Name: Ven
Zodiac: Pisces
Description: Ven is an eager warrior who wishes to join Faint's guild to protect the town. He may be quite young, but Ven is actually already a married man, a father, and a skilled warrior. Ven is very chill to be around, and he's loyalty, bravery and selfless-ness knows no bounds.

Name: Jinn
Zodiac: Gemini
Description: Jinn is a very pious woman who's devoted to Sunday masses at the Karonna church. She's very friendly, outgoing, religious and virtuous. Jinn joined Faint's guild shortly after knowing all about it from the Priest. She likes to call Faint her BFF and gets angry when Faint doesn't do the same.

Name: Madel
Zodiac: Taurus
Description: Madel has always been Faint's secret admirer even since he started creating the guild. He sees Faint as her "Knight in Shining Armor", ready to sweep her off her feet. But Madel's quirky and naive nature makes it difficult for her to express herself, even though she's quite expressive. Madel joined Faint's guild shortly, and is quite skilled with the bow.

NPCs (Non-playable Characters):

Faint's Parents (Info below from left to right)
Name: Rolf and Ryla
Zodiac: Scorpio / Aquarius
Description: Faint's parents have always been supportive towards their two sons. Faint's elder brother, Mak, was actually adopted by Rolf and Ryla, when he was left at their doorstep during his infancy. But both parents still loved Mak as their own, just as they loved Faint. Rolf, though supportive, can be quite cautious and worry-some with how Faint is leading a dangerous path. Ryla, on the other hand, is very supportive towards Faint and believes in his capabilities.

Name: Mak
Zodiac: Cancer
Description: Mak is Faint's adoptive elder brother. He was left at their family's doorstep when he was an infant. Mak is always seen hanging around with his friend Eman.

Name: Eman
Zodiac: Gemini
Description: Eman is Mak's bestfriend and partner in crime when it comes to stuff like happy leaves, drinks, and ladies.

Name: Remie
Description: Remie own's a manor at Karonna. He's sensual and can be very materialistic. Though generous, he is actually enjoying the fact that people are needing his financial help. Remie likes to relax on his manor all day, and have his servants entertain him like jesters. Remie is very wise when it comes to finances.

Name: Zed
Zodiac: Libra
Description: Zed is a good friend to both Faint and Mak. Zed always gets lots of attention from the opposite sex for his handsomeness.

Name: Leika
Zodiac: Libra
Description: Leika is Zed's beautiful girlfriend. Leika is a very conservative woman, but has a temper when it comes to jealousy.

Name: Bert
Zodiac: Virgo
Description: Bert is an old acquaintance of Rue. He is very helpful and service oriented. Even though he's not a fighter, he still decides to join Faint's guild and help them in any way he can. Unfortunately, he and Rue seems to have a troubled past with each other.

Ven's Family (Info below from left to right)
Name: Shayie and Farhan
Zodiac: Scorpio / Leo
Description: Ven's lovely wife (Shayie), and his fun-loving son (Farhan). Both Shayie and Farhan immediately decided to follow Ven to the town of Karonna as soon as they heard that Ven is getting recruited to Faint's guild. Ven really cares deeply for these two, just as the two shows him their undying love and support.

Name: Jork
Zodiac: Aries
Description: Jork is Kailah's emotionally abusive ex-boyfriend. Even though Kailah already wishes to move on with her life, Jork still persists on taking her back for himself.

Bullies (Info below from left to right)
Name: Hayme, Sonn, and Skott
Zodiac: Gemini / Scorpio / Sagittarius
Description: The bullies of Karonna. They like to pick on every kids in town just because they enjoy it. Though it's not a secret that all have troubled childhood, they're still acting very inappropriately. Faint, most especially, is their favorite target, for being a little too different.

Name: Mayor
Zodiac: ??
Description: He is the Mayor of Karonna. Mysterious and puts up a practical front.

Name: Loyce
Description: She is the Mayor's lovely niece. Loyce is a very talented singer. She works as her Uncle's personal assistant and errand girl when it comes to sending specific announcements to certain people around town.

The Heroes (Info below from left to right)
Name: Hilda, Dorothy, Eric and Aluxes
Zodiac: Cancer / Sagittarius / Taurus / Aquarius
Description: The popular heroes who are defending Karonna from beyond the walls.

Features:
- A Short, simple and fun 2 hours long game
- Engaging strategic free turn based battles
- Simple story-line with themes about friendship, faith and determination
- Small but beautiful areas to discover
- Colorful and fun characters to get to know with

Elf's Diary Goodies:

My simple art for Faint:

Finnuval 's awesome Faint art:

My old poster for Elf's Diary:

Elf's Diary Remastered Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQuQ1Baxq8A

CREDITS:
Graphics:

- Cooltext.com
- ItaHoly (Windowskin)
- Liberty (Flower Clutter tile)
- monta!/Milano Cat (Battlers)
- Matseb2611 (Battle transition)
- FatYogi (GameOver screen)
- JKRoots (Title screen)
- Tkool
- Derex (Generator parts)
- Andy Chen (Animations)
- Hiddenone (Generator parts)
- Avery (Icon set)
- CreativeEd (Fire lighting)

Scripts:

- Yanfly
- Moghunter
- RPG Maker Source - http://www.rpgmakersource.com
- siChainlinks
- Yami
- Kread-Ez
- Archeia_Nessiah
- Levi Stepp
- KilloZapit
- TheoAllen

Music:

- Bitter Sweet Entertainment, Inc.
- tobi (http://karugamo.tk/)
- D.C. Kairi Sawler

I hope that you guys will enjoy the game as much as I did making it. ^_^

Starmage

February 25, 2018, 11:52:32 am #1 Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 11:38:40 pm by Starmage
Hi guys!! I've updated the game to do some improvements to the mappings and some error fixes! ^__^

Version 1.5 download:

*Link removed. See thread for new version.*

Changes

- Maps from interiors to exteriors have been updated and improved.

- Lighting strength on the town has been reduced, while Ayala forest's lighting has been removed completely.

- New title screen

- There will no longer be states such as Paralyze and Sleep on the game, this is to remove game errors that were specifically connected to these states. (Script issues)

- A few dialogues have been rewritten.

Special thanks to everyone who has helped me with their feedback on my mapping as well as some useful tips and advice. You all know who you are. ^_^

Starmage

February 25, 2018, 11:38:09 pm #2 Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 06:32:52 am by Starmage
Hi guys! Here's another update for Elf's Diary! ^_^ This is a whole bunch of bug fixes that I've missed on the previous version, hopefully, they have all been eliminated now and that this will be the final update. xD Don't worry, if you have a save from the previous version, it should still work if used in this version. :)

Changes:

Version 2.0

- Big fixes on Church, where a party member speaks when he/she still isn't supposed to be in the party.

- Removed the Paralyze effects on the Lamia Boss' attacks, as I have mentioned on the previous update, Paralyze and sleep effects are to removed completely in the game to remove game-breaking errors.

- More dialogue improvisations.

- New item sold by the rare merchant (Forgot to mention in the previous version).

- Final boss difficulty increased by a little

- Windowskin's color has been adjusted to make it less bright.

Download:

*Link removed. See thread for new version.*

EDIT:

Yay! I've just finished my newb trailer entry for Elf's Diary on the RPG Maker 28th bday event! ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTvOupDGbqI

Forgive me for its short-ness xDD

Starmage

November 30, 2018, 06:29:48 am #3 Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 10:41:45 am by Starmage
Hello everyone! I am so pleased to announce that Elf's Diary Remastered is now released! :D I've always been thinking about what I can improve more on the game, as I felt quite unsatisfied with this little game's results on it's previous release. So during the weekends, whenever I'm free, I decided to spend 'em reworking a lot of stuff for this game. Thanks also to our very wonderful reviewers, I have updated the game and tried to change every issue I can. :) The remastered version involves new things like face-sets, battle sprites, music and etc. :) I'll detail it on the changes below! I hope everyone will enjoy Elf's Diary Remastered, and please don't hesitate to leave your feedback! ^_^ :) Enjoy! :D

Changelog:

- Game now runs in 640x480 resolution.

- The game now has "Options" as seen on the system command at the ingame menu.

- All new ingame music (No longer copyrighted stuff).

- Ingame doors now work differently and appropriately.

- New ingame icons!

- Free-action battle system now uses new action points icon.

- Fixed a few typos and tiling errors.

- New static sprite battlers for all playable characters.

- Implemented new face graphics for everyone.

- Removed the Narrator voice at the intro scenes.

- Slightly strengthened all player elemental spells.

- Slightly weakened all enemies at the first dungeon.

- Final boss difficulty has been slightly increased.

- Added a new scene for the ending.

- Game thread/page now has detailed descriptions for all of the important/significant characters in the game for your lore-viewing pleasures.

Thank you so much! Feedback are always welcome! :D

Starmage

December 07, 2018, 02:10:26 am #4 Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 07:39:46 am by Starmage
UPDATE!

Remastered version 1.5 is now available for download! ^_^ Along with it, I made a short trailer that I hope you guys will enjoy! XD :)

Remastered 1.5 Changelog:

- KO'd party members are still gonna be able to acquire EXP after battles.

- Added a secret boss fight that you can find within one of the dungeons.

- Defeating the secret boss will make the final boss a little bit harder.

- New skills for the party (Post-Secret boss fight)

- New rare items on the shop (Post-Secret boss fight)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQuQ1Baxq8A

As a bonus! Here is also an awesome art done for Faint by a good friend of mine from RMW: Finnuval! <3 ^_^ And I love how it turned out! :D

Starmage

August 07, 2020, 07:15:25 am #5 Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 12:34:02 pm by Starmage
Hello everyone! I have simply decided to update Elf's Diary as a sort of distraction while patiently waiting for Rave Heart's release on steam soon. ^_^ :) Some people have told me that the gameplay was too easy to exploit, so I have decided to change that at least, and work on some balancing stuff as well, so that the enemies can be more challenging, but not as ultra-hard as the original version. :) Hope you all enjoy! <3

https://www.mediafire.com/file/zpyhlozlr3h7dnv/Elf's+Diary+REMASTERED+v2.5.rar/file

Remastered 2.5 Changelog:

- Many balance changes which are,
- Spammable aoe spells are no longer exploitable, as their damage output has been decreased by 40%
- Enemies and most especially the bosses have been buffed up a bit, as some players have told me they've become extremely underpowered after the nerfs due to some people stating that the original game was too difficult... Now I've given the bosses some buff in difficulty, but shouldn't be too hard as the original.
- Maximum Action Points have been reduced to 8. (From 10)
- Changed many of the dialogues to sound less "obnoxious" or "vulgar".

Starmage

Hello everyone! Here to once again share a new poster I made and put together for Elf's Diary! My submission for the RPG maker's 28th birthday! With the help of Leonardo A.I. art generator and photoshopped + put together by me. Hope you enjoy it! ^_^ <3

You may also download the full large image here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/xfo2pagosatq1lt/Elf's+Diary+Poster+Large.png/file