Weapon and armor durability script for Blizz ABS?

Started by Sin86, November 13, 2018, 12:45:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin86

Hi, I was wondering on if there is a way you can have durability for specific weapons and armors in a game.

Let's say I have a steel sword. I then get another steel sword. I use Steel Sword A until it is about to break and move to Steel Sword B, which has never been used.

How would I be able to do that?

KK20

That would require a separate script that handles each weapon/armor as its own object. A couple do exist out there, though I have never tried them myself nor do I remember who made them. I did, at one point, try creating my own while being compatible with other equipment-focused scripts. Which therein lies the potential problem: they might not be compatible with Blizz-ABS.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Blizzard

If decrease of durability and potentially unequipping is handled through Game_Battler#attack_effect, it will work with Blizz-ABS.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Sin86

Quote from: KK20 on November 13, 2018, 01:02:32 am
That would require a separate script that handles each weapon/armor as its own object. A couple do exist out there, though I have never tried them myself nor do I remember who made them. I did, at one point, try creating my own while being compatible with other equipment-focused scripts. Which therein lies the potential problem: they might not be compatible with Blizz-ABS.

Well, the closest I can think of to what you are talking about might be game guy's item storage script as I believe that allows items, armors and weapons to be their own objects. I could be wrong though. I did however try out his script, didn't see any issues when used with Blizz ABS.

KK20

Nah, that's not what I mean. In default RM, similar items are stacked together (i.e. Bronze Sword x5). What I mean are things like "instanced items" (i.e. Bronze Sword is displayed 5 times in the menu, signifying each sword is unique). This is what you need so that each weapon can have a durability attribute attached to them.

I remember trying one script with Blizz-ABS before that was not entirely compatible. Bronze Sword has an index of 1 in the database. You configure the weapon in Blizz-ABS (editing part 1 of the scripts). Then when you obtain a Bronze Sword in-game, its ID was not perceived as 1, so it was not using the configurations set in Blizz-ABS.

Unique items are also pretty nasty to make compatible with custom shop-like systems such as crafting scripts.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Blizzard

Oh, you meant items. Yeah, those won't work outside the box with hotkeys.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.