[XP] Audio Extras

Started by Jaiden, February 05, 2019, 12:15:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaiden

February 05, 2019, 12:15:26 pm Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 02:43:11 pm by Jaiden
Audio Extras
Authors: Jaiden
Version: 1.2
Type: Game System Utility
Key Term: Misc Add-on

Introduction

This script contains a few extra audio functions, and thanks to RPG Maker XP Ace, includes a feature that was only available via RGSS3.

Note that you must have RPG Maker XP Ace installed in order to use the "Pause/Resume BGM" feature of this script.
You can get it here: https://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,12899.0.html

Otherwise, only the master volume and map volume change features will be available.

Features
  • Ability to pause and resume BGM at the position it was paused [RGSS3/XPA ONLY]
  • Master volume controls for BGM, BGS, and SE
  • Automatic BGM/BGS volume decrease when entering "houses" or any other marked map

Screenshots

Not relevant to the script.

Demo

None at this time.

Script
Hosted on Github

Instructions

Install this script above main as you would any other script.

If you create an options menu that controls the master volume, make sure this script is ABOVE that menu.

See the script for directions on how to use this script. Note that the pause and resume function will not work with MIDI (it can be used, but the MIDI will always start from the beginning).

Compatibility

This script makes modifications to the Game_System class, including re-writing the "bgm/bgs/se_play" methods. Use with caution with any other audio scripts.

As noted above, this script has a feature that will only be accessible if used with RPG Maker XP Ace. This is highly recommended.

Credits and Thanks
  • KK20, as always, for helping me make it not-garbage.

Author's Notes
I created this script for my game, Legends of Astravia, but I figured anyone else using XPA would love to have access to these functions.

I may create an options menu that goes along with this at a later time! Let me know if you run into any bugs.

Blizzard

Hm, not sure where to put this in the database. It's an XP script, but requires XPA. :/
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Jaiden

Updated it so it can be used in vanilla XP without the save BGM function. Should be OK to put it in the XP DB now.